Published: 08 August 2010
Price: 159 €
By Jürgen Grau
Jürgen just sent in a new clock that he will soon be selling as a kit on his website. It is an IV-12 based vacuum fluorescent tube clock with a clean looking sandwich style acrylic enclosure. The kit will also include a power supply, lead forming tool and gloves. The completed enclosure should be 196mm X 65mm X 23mm.
- Fading digits with adjustable speed
- Leading zero suppression
- Scrolling date with adjustable speed and frequency
- Two levels of brightness
- Software adjustable correction of the crystal's deviation
- Alarm with adjustable tone and snooze time
- Soft flashing column LEDs with simulated VFD colors (RGB type LEDs)
- Built in RGB controller for many lighting styles and millions of colors
P.S. Be sure to check out his IN-12 Nixie clock too.
- Jürgen sent in some great photos and a video of the clock in action.
- Jürgen sent in nearly-finished product shots. The only difference between the photos and the final product will be the PCB color. The finished design will be blue with white printing.