Published: 04 November 2010
By Jürgen Grau / nixiekits.eu
€ 135 Completed (~$191 USD)
Okay, NixieKits.eu has a cool new little nixie clock out based on IN-16 tubes. I've reviewed to of this other clocks (the IN-12 and VFD clock) and love them both. This guys looks like he surpasses the build quality of the other two. It uses a sandwiched Plexiglas enclosure like the VFD clock and manages to fit all of the components in an incredibly small space. Looking for the perfect Christmas gift? I am pretty sure that this is the one.
- Tubes: IN-16 Nixie tubes, 13 mm digit height.
- RGB tubes lighting: brightness adjustable.
- Alarm: adjustable time, snooze and tone.
- Time format: 12- or 24 hour mode.
- Display: time / alarm / date / or alternating time - date.
- Effects: scrolling date, display fading, digit cycling in different styles.
- Power: 12VDC 350mA max.
- DC Power consumption: ca. 3.5VA (full tubes and tubes LED brightness).
- Timekeeping: for more than 20 min. with 300,000µF SuperCap in the event of mains failure.
- Time accuracy: internal 4 MHz crystal, adjustable with buttons for minimal deviation of app. 1 s per month.
- Dimension (w x h x d): app. 140 x 62 x 60 mm (incl. tubes)
- Weight: app. 150 g
- Power supply: 100...240V~ Power cord for EU/GB/US
- Selectable leading zero suppression between 0:00 and 10:00
- Selectable digit cross fading
- Automatic date display with selectable display frequency
- Scrolling date with adjustable speed
- Automatic digit cycling with various effects and selectable frequency to prevent cathode poisoning
- Adjustable standard display brightness
- Dimmer control with start time and duration to save tube's life
- Alarm with adjustable tone and snooze option
- Easy to set up with 3push buttons