Price: $15 PCB Only / $65 Kit
For the open-source fans, I have a neat little project for you. It is an open soruce VFD clock called Ice Tube. It is deisgned by Ladyada.net and is based around the IV-18 VFD Tube. I don't yet have one of these added to my VFD database yet, but basically it is an eight digit, 7-segment VFD display contained in a single glass envelope. (It is projects like these that make me wish I had stayed an EE major...)
Description from Ladyada.net:
- Cool glowing blue tube with 8 digits and alarm on/off dot
- Adjustable brightness
- Alarm with volume adjust
- Precision watch crystal keeps time with 0.002% accuracy!
- Clear plastic enclosure protects clock from you and you from clock
- Battery backup will let the clock keep the time for up to 2 weeks without power
- Selectable 12h or 24h display
- Displays day and date
- 10 minute snoozer
- Integrated boost converter so it can run off of standard DC wall adapters, works in any country regardless of mains power
- Great for desk or night table use, the clock measures 4.9" x 2.9" x 1.3" (12.5cm x 7.4cm x 3.3cm)
- Completely open source hardware and software, ready to be hacked and modded!