by Patrick Mignot
Price: Not For Sale
I originally contacted Patrick about featuring his F9020AA Single tube clock clock on this site. He has quite a few different devices that he has built and I wanted to share his #7 clock. It is a single digit clock based off of an IN-4 ИН-4 nixie tube. Of course, the stand out feature of this device is the shape of it. Unlike something the Turbo_Hobby clock, this one also features a calendar and alarms/chimes. Patrick also points out that the exercise of learning to read the clock provides a god source of mental stimulation. While a single digit clock is not particularly hard to read, this does take a little bit of time to get used to.
Images, video and description below are owned by Patrick Mignot and used with permission.
About This Clock
- This is a single digit Nixie tube clock, will display one after one HH then MM
- Originally fitted with a Russian IN-4 Nixie tube, any front view Nixie tube of the same diameter can be attached to this design, individual pin receptacles are used in place of a socket to plug the tube.(for transportation purpose, the original tube supplied with the clock is slightly silicon glued to the case)
- The case is made of Cherry wood, varnish finish, no special care needed.
- Tube backlight can be turned off (switch located in the case)
- Feature smart single button settings and PWM dimming 0 to 100%.
- High accuracy from a 4Mhz quality crystal
- Power outage backup facility (no battery needed)
- This clock is from an original design by my friend Rhett Bryson – Department of Theatre Arts – Furman University - (SC - USA)
- The clock has been made in France using high quality French Cherry wood (meurisier)