NixieKits.eu's new Leon clock is now shipping. This is a solid looking design that has the interesting addition of a microphone stand mount on the bottom. This means that the device can be mounted small desk stand to make it really stand out. I particularly like the red corner caps of this design - it almost looks like a 1950's hot rod. This thing looks nice!
From the site:
Leon is Mr.Nixie’s fourth creation of a Nixie clock series starting with the IN-2 "Laura", IN-17 "Lars" and IN-12/17 "Lena" Nixie clocks. Based on the past experiences of hundreds of sold kits and the wishes from our customers, the software was radically re-written and is now backed with a lot of new features. Also an "ultra cool" HV converter design was introduced, which minimizes the heat created by the inductor / switching transistor to a maximum of only 30°C. This results in highest efficiency > 90% and the possibility to power the clock from a single USB power source. In the same way the EMI noise was dramatically reduced. The electronics of Leon is packed into a very flamboyant OEM aluminium enclosure from the design-series "Chac" of Fischerelektronik in Lüdenscheid / Germany. An optional glas desktop stand from König & Meyer, which fits into the 3/8" threat on bottom is available.
- Hours, Minutes and Seconds display
- 3 x 2 multiplex for less tube noise and higher brightness; based on a modern Supertex HV driver
- Selectable 12 or 24 hour display modes
- Uses a Quartz Crystal Oscillator as the timebase with software adjustable accuracy
- Programmable leading zero blanking
- Date display in either DD.MM.YY or MM.DD.YY or YY.MM.DD format
- Programmable date display each minute or selectable with a single button push
- Scrolling display during fading-in the date or standard display change
- Alarm with programmable snooze period
- Optional DCF / WWVB / MSF / GPS sync. with status LED; prepared for fitting internal the ASK receiver module from the "Wireless GPS connection"
- Dedicated DST button for easy switching between DST and standard time
- Super Capacitor backup keeps time during power outages for more than 24 hours.
- Simple time setting using two buttons
- Five programmable column neons settings (Flashing AM/PM indication, illuminated AM/PM indication, always flashing, always on, always off)
- Seconds can be reset to zero to precisely the set time
- Programmable night mode - blanked or dimmed display to save tubes life or prevent sleep disturbance
- Weekday aware "Master Blank" function to turn off all displays on weekends or during working hours
- Separate modes for column neons during night mode
- Standard, fading or fading + scrollback display modes as an eye-catcher
- "Slot Machine" cathode poisoning prevention routine, disabled during night mode, selectable time
- Programmable RGB tube lighting – select your favourite colour palette
- 729 colours possible. Have a different colour with selectable brightness of your choice every hour or autochanging colours with variable speed
- High efficiency „ultra cool“ HV converter, power consumption less than 2.5 VA even when RGB lighting is fully turned on
- Powered from a single Mini USB outlet (from your PC, MP3- or a cellphone charger)
- All user preferences stored in non-volatile memory