£69.95 / Kit
Pete from PV Electronics sent me a link to a really cool kit that he has been working on. It is a GPS nixie clock kit that is offered in IN-8-2 or IN-14 tubes. This is a killer little design and all of the hard work is done for you. All you need to do is assemble it and build a nice enclosure for it (or buy the one pictured below).
- Hours, Minutes and Seconds display.
- 12 or 24 hour modes.
- Date display in DD.MM.YY or MM.DD.YY Format.
- Alarm clock feature with programmable snooze (6,9,12 or 15 minutes).
- Programmable auto display of date at end of minute.
- Programmable Blue LED backlighting. Can follow night blanking.
- Uses a Crystal Oscillator as the timebase.
- Optional DCF / WWVB / MSF / GPS Synchronisation with status indicator LED.
- Supercapacitor time backup for short power interruptions.
- Simple time setting using two buttons.
- Programmable leading zero blanking.
- Calendar function has full leap year calculation up to 2099.
- Five programmable neon colon settings (Flashing AM/PM indication, illuminated AM/PM indication, both flashing, both on, both off).
- Maintains time during setup mode, eg. When changing between Standard Time and Daylight Savings Time.
- Seconds can be reset to zero to precisely set the time.
- Programmable night time mode - tubes blanked or dimmed to extend tube life / prevent sleep disturbance.
- Separate modes for colon neons during night time mode.
- Fading digit mode or standard change of digits.
- 'Slot Machine' cathode poisoning prevention routine.
- All user preferences stored to non-volatile flash memory.
- Useful tube-test routine on cold startup.
- Night mode override with 1 button press. Customisable override period.
- LED backlights can be permanently disabled in software if you prefer, or not installed.
- All through-hole components. No difficult Surface Mount Components.
- Tubes INCLUDED with this kit.
- 6 X IN-8-2 Nixie tubes, with 18mm digit height
- All transistors, resistors, capacitors, ICs, diodes
- 2 X Neon bulbs for hours:minutes:seconds separators
- Double sided, plated - through - hole PCB with red solder resist.
- Fully pre-programmed PIC microcontroller, with socket
- 6 X blue LEDs for tube backlights
- Piezo alarm sounder
All electronic components are provided, except power supply. WWVB / DCF / MSF / GPS receiver not included but available in the PV Electronics store.