eBay seller Turbo_Hobby emailed me to show off his newest creation - a 4 digit IN-12 nixie clock that he has been working on. Bidding is up to $19 and ends in 7 days. It comes fully assembled and ready to use. Since this uses IN-12a tubes, the "5" digit is actually an upside down "2". Presumably the designers did this to save the effort of forming one more digit, however small of a savings that would be. I really like these tubes because of that little quirk. it gives them more of a personality.
He suggests using this as a novelty desk clock...but given the form factor, you could easily mount this in a small photo box frame or other gadget. I do have one item from this seller, a single digit clock, and I've been happy with it so far. Go check out his auction at the bottom of this article.
This is a fully assembled four digit nixie clock with tube saving function. The clock is assembled with high-quality components and accurate clock pulse generator. Digits displayed are large and bright, which is good for a desk clock. Time will be kept by a lithium battery (soldered on board) when it is unplugged. Please refer to the video below or contact me for other details.
- 4 NOS Soviet IN-12A nixie tubes, bright even in daytime
- 3 Sets of Alarms
- 3 Sets of programmable tube saving mode to extend tube life time (Tubes are physically turned off by MOSFET during those periods)
- 24 hour mode
- Stores both time and Date
- Ultra easy control with 4 buttons (set, select, up and down)
- Standard DC 12V 3.5mm inner positive power supply
- 150－200mA working current
- 10mA only at tube saving mod (all tubes are off)
- Colon displayed by vantage neon bulb as well
- Reliable high quality components
- Real-time Clock DS1302
- Accurate SMD Clock Oscillator
- Murata (Japan) SMD Clock Trimmer Capacitor
- ATmel M8 Microprocessor
- SMD CR1220 Backup Battery
- High Quality Resettable Fuse
- ultra slim SMD Alarm Speaker * 2