As Apple launched its redesigned Apple TV, many users are wondering what to do with their first generation model.
Kurth has reused every structural element, integrated a nixie controller board, tube holders and replaced the top acrylic plate with a new CNC routed PVC plate. The heavy duty tissue cable doubles as power cord and wall mount string. Similar to the Nixie Concrete Clock, the rearranged tubes allow the user to enjoy the playful interaction between the six tubes.
All electronic components in the fully functioning clock are assembled by hand.
- Recycled Apple TV 1 body
- 12 / 24 hr mode
- 108 cable connections
- Up to 200.000 hours tube lifespan
- 9 V AC/500mA
- Eco-saver automatic dimming function/automatic OFF
- Auto Detection of 1Hz, 50Hz or 60Hz clock pulse input mode
- DCF77 Module can be added externally
- 6 x Z560M Nixie Tube (unused) running at 170 VDC
- Dimming via push button
- Handmade assembly of all electronic components
- CNC routed tube holders (DIBOND) and cover plate (PVC)
- Made in Luxembourg
- Wallmount possible
MORE INFO ON THE MICROWEBSITE:
(via press release)