DT1704 VFD Clock "Thomas" (UCLK) taking orders

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #9360 by Torsten Lang
Hi guys,
I just completed the pricing and contact information on my homepage under VFD clock model "Thomas" and I will take preorders now.

I will add the building and operating manuals within the next days.

With best regards,
Torsten

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #9381 by Ian
I bought one of these, I'll be doing a review of it after Christmas!!!

:)

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #9385 by Torsten Lang
Hello everyone,
it's great that Ian was able to update the forum within a short time. Editing now works as expected and I already noticed some progress in other functions.

Unfortunately the shipment of my first clock kit to Ian didn't run smoothly as expected - the Italian post returned the parcel on the first try but not without delaying it for a full month.

I'm not yet sure if I draw consequences because of this event and lock out DHL as service completely or for certain countries only.

I'm in the final stage of setting the building instructions which unfortunately also doesn't go as smoothly as I wish. I have triggered several bugs in my DTP software, when I would have to decide again I would use another software. But starting over doesn't make much sense either in the current state.

With best regards,
Torsten

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 1 week ago #9446 by Ian
As soon as I get back from Christmas break I'll be working on the build and then we'll do a full review of the clock on the main site. I received the parcel on the second attempt, and so far I'm impressed withe the quality.

More as soon as things start to get over XMas...
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Ian.

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #9515 by Torsten Lang

Pacman223 wrote: did you enable a std GPS receiver or nwts? if not what sort of options for an external syc do you have?

Hi,
I just stumbled over the Chronverter 2 module which could be used to simulate the output of a DCF-77 module and get the time from a GPS receiver.

As the module can also simulate other radio services like WWVB or MSF I think about getting such a module to implement other radio time service decoders.

Regards,
Torsten
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Torsten Lang.

More
1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #9936 by Torsten Lang
I Ian,
I'm just curious how your build/test/feature is going on. You write that your workload is declining somewhat and so is mine.

I think I mentioned that I have a software project from one of our customers on my desk that was written in an absolutely horribly and dilettante way. Now we still have three TÜV testing dates and one way or the other my workload will also go back to normal within the next two weeks.

So I don't know if you need any more input (or more elaborated input) - anyway I should be able to deliver it.

During the last weeks I had two meetings with other former physics students of our group (one larger meeting and a private meeting). I used the chance to show my clock around and many immediately fell in love with the design. Most interestingly even the mother a friend of mine I met yesterday - especially when she saw the device powered up and running.

With best regards,
Torsten
Last edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Torsten Lang.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com