wemos 4-digit nixie; need post codes and schematic

More
11 months 20 hours ago #11905 by 87glhs
Hello. I recently completed an Ian Sparkes WEMOS 4-digit Nixie kit. Upon power-up it is showing a Post Code "8" and the backlights do not work. My soldering is fine and the WS2812B's are aligned properly. The clock then completes it's testing, flashes the code "8" briefly and then switches to a normal time display. Most of the properties in the setup menu seem to be accessible, except for backlight color intensity, and the LDR doesn't seem to be affecting the display.

Having said that, there is no schematic for this clock posted at the author's website, only a build and user manual. I am needing a schematic--

Second, as the clock is designed to post trouble codes I am needing a list of them so I can troubleshoot my build.

If anyone has this info they could email me, or post links to, that'd be great. I've sent a couple notes to the author but have had no response.

Thanks, Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 20 hours ago #11906 by 87glhs
Hello. I am needing the schematic and list of post codes for this specific clock. Same is not available via the author's website.

I recently completed this kit. I am getting a post code "8" and the backlights are not working. The LDR on the display board also seems to have little if any effect, not sure if the two issues are related.

My soldering is good and the WS2812B's are aligned properly. After the clock completes running its tests it briefly posts the code "8" again and then begins normal time keeping.

Without working backlights I am unable to put it on the WIFI.

Please advise. Thank you. Paul

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #11908 by Ian
Hi Paul,

I will send you the schematics by email.

Post "8" means that the clock has gone into Access Point mode and you should be able to connect to it. It waits for 60 seconds for a connection and then just moves on to show the time that it has stored in the RTC.

During the minute, you should be able to find a WiFi SSID something like "ESP_xxxxxx" if you scan for new WiFi networks. It should be possible to connect to this with the password "SetMeUp!" (case sensitive).

Let me know what happens. The NeoPixels are very heat sensitive, and we can have a look at this when you are ready. It is possible that one of them is damaged, and in that case all of the rest of them might not be getting a signal. They are arranged in a daisy chain.

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #11909 by 87glhs
Excellent, thank you. Glad the code 8 is normal. I'll try to connect to it in the next couple days and post again in a few days.

I ordered some spare WS2812B's from an ebay vendor, it's possible one of them may be bad. I'm not familiar with that product and had planned on using an UNO (with wemos removed) to test them. If there's an easier method please advise.

Thanks again. PW

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #11910 by Ty_Eeberfest
As long as you have a known good program in the UNO that talks to WS2812Bs that's as good a test strategy as any. Should just require 2 jumpers from UNO to clock (data and gnd). You could just poke them in to the Wemos socket strip. I guess you could tie in +5 from the UNO too but I think I'd give the clock its own power. As long as the clock ground and UNO ground are tied together it'll work.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #12167 by hg6iqi
Hi dears!

My problem is the same, I would also need a circuit diagram for debugging.

Thank you

Steve

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com