6 digit numitron - flash another wemos SPIFF5

More
11 months 1 week ago #11888 by ROBERT
Hi, I wanted to flash a new wemos from the .bin file you provide, but after that at startup there is the error message SPIFFF5. Spiff files are not include in the .bin file ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #11889 by Ty_Eeberfest
That binary should have everything in it. I'm wondering what tool you are using to flash the Wemos. I like to use:

github.com/marcelstoer/nodemcu-pyflasher/releases/tag/v4.0

Also there is discussion about flashing that you might find useful in this thread:

www.tubeclockdb.com/forum/wemos-nixie-cl...33-wemos-programming

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
11 months 1 week ago #11890 by ROBERT
Many thanks for your reply. Yes I've read this thread, I use 2 methods :

1- from the windows console :
esptool -vv -cd nodemcu -cb 921600 -cp COM3 -ca 0x0 -cz 0x400000 -ca 0x00000 -cf DA2000-V6-6digit.bin
2- from ESPEasyFlasher

Each time the transfer looks good. And in fact the wemos well starts, as it can display the message SPIFF5 before counting from 0 to 9 infinitely. It can keep past wifi setup, and the IP address is seen on the network, therefor I cannot connect to the wemos.

More
11 months 1 week ago #11891 by Ty_Eeberfest
Are you sure that SPIFF5 message is really an error? Mine displays that message during a normal start-up. It goes: STArT_ SPIFF5 nEt_UP ntP_UP and then rtC_UP (I think, that last one is real fast).

If the clock is not yet set up on the network, instead of nEt_UP you get an error and one tube is back-lit with blue. That means the Wenms is being an access point (not a station) and you have to connect to it and give it the credentials for your WiFi. See page 14 of the user manual. www.nixieclock.biz/Downloads/DA2000-Clock-User-Manual-V5.pdf The user manual says the clock's SSID is "ESPClock" but I think it is actually "VFDClock", It should be easy enough to figure out since it's likely the only network that will show up with Clock in its name!

More
11 months 1 week ago #11892 by Ty_Eeberfest
Actually I just did a full reset on mine and the configuration SSID was "esp_0a4d1f". Everything after the "_" will be different for yours because that part is gotten from the ESPs MAC address.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian

More
11 months 1 week ago #11893 by ROBERT
you're right !!!!
I forgot the push button, I added and press it, then it entered in AP mode.
Many thanks !

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com