numitron clock

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #10657 by lcc
Replied by lcc on topic numitron clock
finally got there unfortunately i don't have a very good understanding of this sort of stuff clock now connected and set using the interface only one thing that i cant get sorted is the time difference i have copied and pasted the UK time zone from the instructions but it is still 1 Hour ahead what is the solution for this
steve
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by lcc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #10658 by lcc
HI Ty
think its more my fault as i struggle with this sort of stuff but finally got there . i did use my older BT router like you say it is only Wi-Fi and i did just go ahead and solder the tubes in
regards
steve

More
2 years 8 months ago #10661 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic numitron clock

lcc wrote: it is still 1 Hour ahead what is the solution for this?

Hi Steve, what does the summary page show? By default the time is set to CET, which is 1 hour ahead of UK time. Yours should show "GMT0BST,M3.5.0/1,M10.5.0" where mine shows my time zone.

If it shows "GMT0BST,M3.5.0/1,M10.5.0", then just let it do it's own thing: at the next update it will go the the right time and stay there. If it is not showing your time string, it didn't save it correctly.
Attachments:

More
2 years 8 months ago #10662 by lcc
HI Ian
yes have the correct time string in i just hadn't waited for the time update .
very please with the clock i am a big fan of numitron tubes and you kit is excellent value for the price hope you have plenty of tubes as i think this clock will be very popular .
regards
Steve

More
2 years 8 months ago #10663 by Ty_Eeberfest
Replied by Ty_Eeberfest on topic numitron clock

lcc wrote: HI Ty
think its more my fault as i struggle with this sort of stuff but finally got there . i did use my older BT router like you say it is only Wi-Fi and i did just go ahead and solder the tubes in
regards
steve

No worries Steve. Good to know you've got it all working now.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
2 years 8 months ago #10666 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic numitron clock
Thanks for the confirmation. OK, so there's a thing here: it is meant to update automatically as soon as the string is updated, but updates are not reliable because they are over UDP., so sometimes we can miss an update. I will look at the software to see if there is way to force an update. It should not stay with the old time. I have created a bug for that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lcc

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com