Clock not starting

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #10566 by roman.mih83
Hello,

All that the clock is doing when i connect the power supply (10v/3A) is a quick blink of the 5mm LEDs and a quick blink of a LED on the Wemos. The Nixie tubes do not light up.

I have mounted the parts on the board. All of them are the correct values, although i chose some sturdier ones, metal film resistors from USSR or China.
I have set the HV voltage to 160v, since the maximum for IN12 is 170v.
The LV is OK, 5v.
You might notice in the pictures that Q1 is the other way around. It is another transistor type, BC250 locally produced, working allright. The HV is OK. BTW, in the parts bag there was a 1N4007 instead of a 1N5819.

I did not solder the SMD LEDs and their capacitors because i don't like the tubes to be backlit. Can this be a problem?

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #10568 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Clock not starting
It is not to do with the missing back lights for sure. The controller will move the GPIO around and if no one is listening, that's just fine.

I think you tested the voltages: 5V is fine and 170V is fine, correct?

Please take out the wemos and connect it vis the USB adapter on the wemos board. Turn it on, and wait for a few seconds. You should see an SSID "ESPClock" appear.

If this does not work, I will send you a debug version of the firmware, it will tell us more if the controller is OK.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #10574 by Phil_Mod3
Replied by Phil_Mod3 on topic Clock not starting
Is it really not turning on the nixies?
I also thought that this was a problem with my clock. However, there is a quite long delay when you start it up (about 30 seconds). So you'll have to wait for that time.
Is the clock visible via wireless network?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #10575 by roman.mih83
Replied by roman.mih83 on topic Clock not starting
Actually it turns on the nixies after about one minute and a few seconds. I thought it should turn them on right away.
I think i managed to connect it to the WiFi, but it is not showing the actual time.
It is counting from 12.00. Before it changes the minute, it cycles the nixies and briefly shows 01.01.

I followed the manual. I introduced the WiFi name and password. I got the message that the information has been saved. I did not get the time update...
I think it remembers the network and password because the nixies light up faster, after 10-15 seconds. The time starts from 12.00, even if the battery is in its place...

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #10576 by roman.mih83
Replied by roman.mih83 on topic Clock not starting
I left it on over night. It keeps time, counting from 12.00, now it s 05.26. Its power consumption is constantly 180mA.
I have to figure out how to set the clock properly...

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #10577 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Clock not starting
Hi Roman, then there is no problem: It is searching for a WiFi network for the first minute. Please see the user manual (not the construction manual - it is a different manual) for details how to set the WiFi.

Unless the WiFi is set, it will wait for 60 seconds to give you the time to log in and set up the clock. Because you don't have the LEDs, it seems like the clock is doing nothjing. Normally (with the LEDs), it will show one red LED and one Blue.

So, there is no error: congratulations, the clock is working fine!

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com