What this forum is for

More
9 months 1 week ago #9950 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic What this forum is for
in the next version of the board, I am moving the NeoPixel to behind the nipple, so it really becomes a "back light" rather than an "under light"... :-D

The tubes need socketing with pins in any case, and it's just a question of how deep you want to place the pins. I have made the holes for the pins smaller now, so that people don't get the idea to try and solder the tube directly on to the board. If you have any good ideas or want to get involved with it, I'm tending more and more towards open sourcing also the hardware design. I could add you in any case to the repo even before I finally make that decision.

The USB connector on the VFD board is for power. The others still need >5V on the power input to reach the required voltage. Remember those little transformers I sent you? Those were meant to be part of the solution to my HV problems so that also Nixie boards can run off just a USB power input. It went quite a bit down the list just at the moment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #9958 by judge
Replied by judge on topic What this forum is for
Can't you pull 5V from the Wemos? It comes after a diode drop, but...

I'm not likely to want to get involved in the IN-18 project, other than offering suggestions. Too many projects on the go...

More
9 months 1 week ago #9960 by Scott
Replied by Scott on topic What this forum is for
With the two tube board we stuck with a wall wart and used a 12 to 5 volts buck converter to power everything on the PCB.

More
9 months 1 week ago #9961 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic What this forum is for
I tried that at first, but it didn't give me the 50-70V that I was looking for. I guess I could have tried harder, but perhaps because I wasn't really expecting it to work, I didn't try harder.

More
9 months 3 days ago #9997 by judge
Replied by judge on topic What this forum is for
Yes. Please add me to the repo anyway. You never know...

More
9 months 2 days ago #10000 by Ian

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com