DT1704 VFD Clock "Thomas" (UCLK) taking orders

More
1 week 5 days ago #9937 by Torsten Lang

Ian wrote: Hi Torsten

I'd love to do a feature for this on the main site. Would you have the time/will/patience to do a piece on the journey? It would make a great showcase for the clock (which looks great) and the site. I could take some/all of the editorial effort.

I know you don't intend to sell a great number of the timepieces, but it would for sure make a buzz around the clock.

As said - it would help very much to make the clock known. I absolutely have no idea where the road will lead me to. Currently the clocks left for sale are not enough to justify the WEEE registration (which will effectively cost around 400..500€/year) nor to set up a web shop. I know it's a quite exclusive product but I hope it will find enough customers.

Regards,
Torsten

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #9949 by Ian
Hi Torsten - it's been a bit busy here, but it's next on the list.

More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #9968 by Torsten Lang
Hi Ian,
great - please let me know when you're ready. I have some minor improvements which I will implement within near future:

I now have calibration parameters which keep the temperature display within +/-0.2°C of the actual ambient temperature. As the electronics is heating up about 5°C above ambient I think this value is OK so I will take the parameters as factory defaults - so you can avoid hours of calibration and simply correct the offset manually.

I will take over the automatic start time setting from the one-time alarms to the alarm filter which will make the setting faster.

And finally the automatic DST algo was one of the last things I added and currently manually setting a new time or date will not update the DST value even when the automatic change is active.

So no dramatic changes or bugs, just a bit more comfort...

Regards,
Torsten
Last edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Torsten Lang.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com