• zzf7a55434
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ex-J.O.A.T, int. source of B-7971s + Other Odds
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #267 by zzf7a55434
for sale or trade- two B7971 2.5" 17-segment nixies

I have (2) B-7971 nixie tubes, Ultronic Systems Corp markings (I haven't found anything to suggest they weren't make by Burroughs- aside from the printing they are identical) for sale or trade.

I'll start the bidding at $75 for one, $140 the pair plus shipping, but I'm willing to talk offers and trade for cool stuff.

I may be able to get a few more next month, but they have to survive to get to me.

So far (I'm not that bored yet) I have not tested the individual segments, but I have used a plasma ball to excite the gas and so I can say for certain they are still sealed around the right gas mix.

So far all tested this way have been 100% after full testing, but I don't promise what I haven't proved.

feel free to contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Bob McMains

Bob McMains,
broken joat
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by zzf7a55434. Reason: didn't add quantity to title

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #268 by Stuckey
Hello -
I've done business with Bob and he's a good guy!

Brian

"If the laws of physics don't apply in the future, then god help you."
www.ineedcaffeine.com
www.facebook.com/brian.stuckey
twitter.com/brianstuckey

• zzf7a55434
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 days ago - 9 years 4 days ago #2070 by zzf7a55434
aaand I just came up with another 8 of these- anyone looking? buyer pays shipping, $65 each as 4 packs, $63 each for 8. $600 plus ship for the whole 10? :)

ionization checked already for intact envelopes and original gas charge.

if they wait long enough for me to finish up my green straw hat LED night lighting system and get bored, [battery AC-fail and charger's in, 1/3 of the house lit, testing dimmer modules now] well...

I'll segment check 'em by getting another 100 pack of lr44's from hong kong and stack 114 of 'em in 3 feet of vinyl tubing with 2 bolts, a spring, and a couple of clip leads with a 6.8k resistor or 3. :evil:

I go that far, it might be worth it to clean, straighten and ebay list. I dunno.

mixed burroughs and ultronic.

Bob McMains,
broken joat
Last edit: 9 years 4 days ago by zzf7a55434. Reason: getting $ right

More
9 years 4 days ago #2071 by Stuckey
You've got quite the stash!

"If the laws of physics don't apply in the future, then god help you."
www.ineedcaffeine.com
www.facebook.com/brian.stuckey
twitter.com/brianstuckey

• zzf7a55434
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 days ago #2073 by zzf7a55434
:S well, actually what I have is a gent of 100 years or so old [I've known him since 1976] that finds boxes in his attic [probably, but not absolutely certainly mined out] with batches of these tubes that were 'temporarily stored' with him in '73 [when he lived in Alameda, CA] by a guy who had just moved into the SF Bay area from Springfield, Mass- who never came back for any of it- and considers me an improvement over just tossing them in the rubbish, 30-odd years and 3 moves later.

and it appears I'm going to be back to the pair of 'cool antiques in the knick-knack collection' right soon, as a guy who got some from me earlier wants to jump in and snag 'em as fast as I can get them packed and UPS'd.

Looks like I won't be building that FrankenBattery after all [bummer] since he's happy with the ionization test.

I'll certainly post here first if another package of newspaper-wrapped tubes turn up, though!

Bob McMains,
broken joat

• zzf7a55434
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 3 days ago #2078 by zzf7a55434
:dry: Rats. [figuratively, mostly- see below] I forgot in my pricing the extra he asked for to ship those tubes here (he's *not* in the same state as I am- I don't get them free) so there's an extra $50 for me to defray- there might yet be a second chance for this board-

And FrankenBattery.

I wonder how well that would do as a rat dispatcher, set across an entry point, at, say 300v with an alarm and time-off relay?

Bob McMains,
broken joat

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com