I hesitated in buying/building this kit, as its not a Nixie tube clock.
are are a couple of thoughts
- Its bigger than I thought, the tubes are really very big, digits I think are 20mm.
- nice case, as with Sven, the case is really well done.
- no room for error. This clock, like many from nixiekits.eu has very little room for error. I made a small mistake, and while I was able to fix it, it was not easy to put in a work around for my miss solder.
- the clock is very readable from across the room.
- Maybe not have the "Coolness" factor as a nixie clock does, but everyone who sees it likes it. I think I like the warm glow of nixies better, but the IV tubes make for a good looking clock. very bright and very readable.
word of advice for anyone wanting to build one, BE VERY careful, take your time, don't rush things. Have a good new soldering tip to work with
I have built a couple of those - great clock! love the colon indicators (IV-11) that match the colors of the VFD tubes perfectly. The old Jenny kit had a cyan LED that was good, but the IV-11 looks so much better!