Mystery Nixie? Desk Clock?

More
3 months 1 week ago #10345 by notfaded1
Count me in I'll buy as many as you'll sell me Ian.

Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #10346 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Mystery Nixie? Desk Clock?
Are you using the TLC5940 like it says in the title? I've been looking at those as drivers as well... They seem a pretty good choice for what I have in mind (direct drive controlled by a Wemos). I'd also be interested in your experience of what the PWM is like.

I always like to do progressive dimming and having a driver that takes care of that really makes the code a lot more manageable. I'd also want to do "filament pre-heating" which basically turns the segments on gently, and the PWM on the TLC5940 appears to be per segment! Yaay!
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Ian.

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #10353 by Ty_Eeberfest
I'll happily buy some of those Numitrons Ian, Maybe i can get you to toss some (cough-cough) VFD stuff in the box too! :whistle:

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Ty_Eeberfest. Reason: "Thoss"?

More
3 months 1 week ago #10354 by notfaded1
Yes that's the chip I've been using. Let's team up on this. I've seen how some others in the community did these numitrons before but they don't have any PCB or anything anymore... I asked even. We've got newer chips and stuff now that we can use! Let's make some cool new stuff and sport it!

More
3 months 1 week ago #10355 by Ian
Hi Ty, believe it or not I still have a bug to fix on the VFD board. I didn't forget it, I'm just very slow. When it goes into blanking mode, some of the digits occasionally flash.

More
3 months 1 week ago #10356 by Ian
Yeah that woud be great: My aim would be to make a commercial product out of it, but if you're happy to allow me to do that on whatever we come up with, I think that would be great. Of course, it would go the other way as well: if you had any interest to sell it, that's fine by me...

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com