A Gallery of Clocks???

More
9 years 7 months ago #1011 by Beast Lee
wino-man, you've created some kOoL enclosures to compliment your clocks... Well done...
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

"It has to have an ending to exist" - Beast Lee
"If it doesn't have a V8, it's not a sport" - Beast Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #1031 by terrym
Replied by terrym on topic Re: A Gallery of Clocks???
Does every designer here do amazing cases for six tube nixies or what?! Holy smoke (so to speak) my humble 1 digit numitron clocks (pretty much all I can make at this time) are, for the most part, contrived from cases I repurpose from the Dollar stores. I simply lack the craft and skill to do justice to some of the avant-garde and truly elegant cases you folks make. However I recognize that not all builders are Art-school grads :) so I offer a few ideas that worked ok for me. Perhaps it may prod a few trepadatious builders out there to post some of there works as well. Can't be any worse than what I've done.

BTW,the clocks and cases you make are awesome^2.

Thanks for the inspirations.

ps the cases I use range from old 3.5" floppy disk cases (the smoky ones are nice) through to paperclip holders (I did a whole whack using them) All the christmas chocolate cases for Ferro Rocher work well too.

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by terrym. Reason: last time I hope

More
9 years 7 months ago #1032 by terrym
Since I'm having such a horrible time uploading multiple image files I will do 'em one at a time I guess.

Single digit numitrons inside the cheap dollar store paperclip holders. I removed the magnet from the top, inverted them and stuck a tiny pcb inside. If the magnets were strong enough (they aren't) they'd be cute fridge magnet clocks..

Attachments:

More
9 years 7 months ago #1033 by terrym
Well this one was interesting. As you probably figured out it's a single digit numitron (I'm not in a rut, it's a STYLE thing :) ) built into an interesting case, also found in the ubiquitous dollar store. The case itself starated life as a makeup brush holder, that pulls apart for easy construction. An internal holder for the brushes was easily removed to become the stem that the tube resides upon, and an old hard drive platter gives it some balance. I really like the 'tube-in-tube' motif.

Attachments:

More
9 years 7 months ago #1034 by terrym
My quasi Inushuk design for the wood frame using marbles illuminated using white LEDS.
Attachments:

More
9 years 7 months ago #1035 by wino_man
Replied by wino_man on topic Re: A Gallery of Clocks???
Hey, the "tube-in-a-tube" is a great idea and well done! Great minds must think alike...
Attachments:

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com