Wlan connection problem

More
4 weeks 49 minutes ago - 3 weeks 6 days ago #13185 by Joker
Hy,
I am surprised myself why I have so many problems or questions - I hope you can forgive me for this.

My clock is running now, but I can't get the wifi to work.

I am using the Classic Rev6 board with ESP01S module. I have specified this in the Define of wifitimeproviderESP8266.

My problem is, the module starts and everything runs stable. After I have entered the wifi access data in the wifi manager, the ESP-3369CC device appears briefly among the connected devices and then disappears again and I see the nixie wifi again.

I have changed the Define to ESP01S.
I have used all the library states as in the source code. I have updated the Wifi Manager to 0.16 - but without success

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is or does anyone have the same problem?
Last edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by Joker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #13187 by mj666
Replied by mj666 on topic Wlan connection problem
Be sure to use libraries an board definitions like specified in the source code. I have seen issues like this with latest version of the board definitions. You likely need to downgrade to an older revision.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #13191 by Joker
Replied by Joker on topic Wlan connection problem
I think you are right...i go back to the beginning

Code for the wifi module:
bitbucket.org/isparkes/wifi-time-provider/src/master/

and the libaries from here:
bitbucket.org/isparkes/nixiefirmwarev2/src/master/libraries/

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #13192 by Ty_Eeberfest
Don't overlook the Board Definitions, which are not included in that Bitbucket repo. You should be able to just use Board Manager in the Arduino IDE to fetch and install the correct (and probably old) board definition.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joker

More
2 weeks 5 hours ago #13217 by Joker
Replied by Joker on topic Wlan connection problem
I think the board definion was the problem. I installed the old one. After this, it works flawlessly.

Thanks for your help

More
1 week 5 days ago #13223 by Ty_Eeberfest
And that is the problem with the Arduino "universe" - there's little to no control over revisions to board definitions and libraries and such. Updates with breaking changes get released with little or no warning. It doesn't undo the good aspects of Arduino but it sure can be troublesome. Arduino could take a good lesson from the maintainers of the Perl modules repository, who are almost obsessive about compatibility testing and hardly ever let a broken module to be released. But that's a huge amount of work!

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com