Kit for Burroughs B-5092 tubes?

More
3 months 2 days ago #13110 by Mathew
There are 8 because it's a "Countdown Duration/Elapsed Time" clock from Apollo 11 ;-)

Your description makes sense as well as the diagram in the manual. Thanks.

I'll get the kit with the wifi module for sure.

The clock may or may not work as it is. I suspect it does not, and the tubes are probably fine. However, because I've tracked it's historical significance, I want to preserve the inner workings and retrofit the case to run my clock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 days ago #13111 by Ty_Eeberfest
That is a pretty special / important clock! I'll be anxious to see what you do with it.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
3 months 1 day ago #13112 by Mathew
I sourced some tubes, and bought the wifi enabled kit. The only thing I'm missing now are sockets. Can you help me understand which ones would fit them? Should I just search for 1 inch 13 pin sockets?

Thanks!

Here's some pictures of the clock as well as some information from one of the museums that has the entire console. From what I can tell, mine likely came from Goddard.

imgur.com/a/RydjZNm

More
3 months 1 day ago #13113 by Ty_Eeberfest
For sockets search: B13B tube socket

I'm curious about the logo on the top right corner of the countdown clock. I can't quite make it out in the picture. Is it a Collins Radio logo perhaps? If so there's a pretty good chance it was made just down the street from where I live.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
3 months 1 day ago #13114 by Mathew
It is a Collins. I wonder if they have records of the sale. Sadly I don't see a serial number on it anywhere obvious. Just NASA's asset tag (which probably came later anyway).

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com