Basic time settings not working?

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #12564 by Sasam
I just finished building the rev5 board that you sent me, replacing the defected rev4 from about a month ago.
In first start mode all the tubes cycle 0-9 with no problems, look good. When I exit first start the clock never displays "88:88:88" it displays "99:99:99" and the version number "00:56:00" never displays. The clock goes into the 24 hour clock mode, I enter "setting mode" LEDs flash white, I move through the settings to the 12 or 24 hour mode (7 flashes) and I can only toggled between 1 & 2 on the minutes tube - but the clock never gets out of 24 hour mode regardless of which number is set. I am wanting the 12 hour mode.
Also the seconds run up to "70" seconds before reverting back to "11" seconds. it never returns to "0" so the clock gains 10 seconds every minute. Another anomaly is the seconds run fine until it gets to the end of a 10 second segment like 19, 29, 39, 49, 59, 69, then instead of displaying the next number it reverts back to the 20, 30, 40, etc. Here's an example: 27,28,29,20,31,32......37,38,39,30,41,42.....47,48,49,40 and so on.
In the date mode I can set the day, the months will only show double digit numbers starting with 1, (11,12,13,14 etc.) can not get (for example 04,05,06 etc.) to display. Am I missing something in the operating instructions? I have done a factory reset to no avail, I still have the same issues. I truly appreciate any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #12565 by BS_Jim
Hmm.... It sounds to me like you've got your tubes wired off by one pin and thus making the zero digit display as a one and so on. Double check your wiring. If you do have it miswired, it will be tough to re-insert the pins into the holes after clearing them all out seeing as the leads probably have been clipped to just make it through the board. I hope you have more tubes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sasam

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #12566 by Ty_Eeberfest
I think you nailed it Jim. I just want to add one thing: since this is a Classic board there will be user installed wires from the clock board to the tubes / tube holders. Hopefully that wiring is the problem so that tubes don;t have to be removed.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago - 4 months 4 weeks ago #12567 by BS_Jim
Ah. Whew! That sounded like a horrible waste of tubes that personally I would have found a way to bodge them up just to save them.

Edit: I've miswired my IN-1 clock (my second build) and had to mess up my neatly bundled wiring harness to plug the wires in where they belonged.
Last edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by BS_Jim.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #12568 by Sasam
You are right Ty, the tubes are not in a tube holder or board so I do not have to remove them. I'll check the wiring again, but I'm curious as how the sequence is fine counting "0-9" on all tubes in "first start" mode but don't sequence in clock mode. I thought any problem with mis-wiring would have been evident at first start .

More
4 months 4 weeks ago - 4 months 4 weeks ago #12569 by Sasam
Thanks Jim, I am using IN-1 tubes as well but I am flying the wiring so I don't have to remove my tubes. Hopefully it is just a mistake in wire placement and should be able to correct it at the pins on the board. We shall see??? Do you have a pin layout (or link to one) for the IN-1 tubes that worked for you? Maybe the one I have is wrong. I truly appreciate your help.
Last edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by Sasam. Reason: Left out a question

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com