No HV or VCC voltage after adding RTC module

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #12513 by Ty_Eeberfest

Sasam wrote: I am blown away with all of your help and customer support, this is such a rarity these days.

You're welcome! I guess Ian and I are a bit old school in that regard. We're both old enough to remember what real service was like. I don't mind troubleshooting peoples builds as long as the person on the other end is willing to play along. Sometimes I even learn something - lol.

After seeing your board photos I have to say I have rarely seen a board with so much flux residue on it. I don't know what kind of solder you use but you may want to reconsider before starting another kit. I firmly believe solder is one of those things you should buy from a reputable American or European name brand supplier such as Kester or MG. With eBay / Amazon / Ali solder you never know what you're getting! Using lead solder is a must - lead-free solder is horrible. I personally like 63/37 tin/lead 0.75mm 2.2% flux. It claims to be no-clean solder but I clean the finished boards anyway.

This solder, to be exact:
www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/MG-Chemical...qs71qBOn%252Bg%3D%3D

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #12514 by Sasam
Thanks for staying "old school" a character trait lost in today's youth. I will definitely put the solder you recommended on my list to Mouser, they are just up the road a piece from me so I like buying from them, I'll ditch the stuff I bought at Lowe's or just use it on extension cords. Thank you for the tip.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #12515 by Sasam
Ian if you would kindly direct me in the proper procedure for obtaining a replacement, I would be most appreciative.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com