DA2000 LEDs and configuring clock

More
7 months 1 week ago #10977 by Electrofish
DA2000 LEDs was created by Electrofish
Building the DA2000 numitron clock. The board came with the LEDs and associared Caps prefitted.
Added WEMOS and caps etc. Plugged in for self test and only LEDs on N1 and N2 work. I can't find a schematic anywhere to fault find. Can anyone suggest what to do please? I'm a kit builder not a scientist : )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 1 week ago #10978 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic DA2000 LEDs
It's OK, leave it for about 60 - 120 seconds without trying to connect to the Access Point and it should move on and the rest of the LEDs should come on. I think the clock has come out of Test Mode and is waiting to connect to a WiFi.

Newer versions of the firmware start the LEDs in a dim white and turn them green or red as the tests are done.

Once you have passed this step, you can easily upgrade the firmware over OTA update, but first of all you need let it get connected.

More
7 months 1 week ago #10979 by Electrofish
Replied by Electrofish on topic DA2000 LEDs
Thank you. I have left it connected to the power for longer than 120 seconds and still no progress. Yes the first LED lights green. The second a kind of orange then turns green and then none of the others light.
So I assume I can continue with the build and then update the firmware and all should be OK

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #10994 by Electrofish
OK. So I now have the clock finshed with the tubes in. The tubes are running through the 'first start mode' OK.
The LEDs are still only lit on 1 and 2.
I have tried to connect the clock to WiFi and log in to the settings however I'm getting nowhere because this does not happen.

This step sets up the clocks access to your WiFi and lets it start up and show a display. To complete this step you should have the display board finished and installed on the clock.Start the clock and wait for the LED behind the “1 X Minutes” digit to turn blue. This means that the clock has gone into “Access Mode”. It will remain in “Access Mode” at least 60 seconds.

I don't see a WiFi network called ESPClock but I do get ESP_20CC10. I can connect but no request for a password and no browser appears.
Frustrated doesn't cover it.
Attachments:

More
6 months 3 weeks ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #10996 by lcc
HI don't get to frustrated . i to had difficulties too .do you have a switch that you can wire up to the clock as described in the instructions it can be used to set the clock Ian has some video on YouTube that shows him resting the clock
its just a simple push button switch with to wires soldered on to it .
I no this will not help you much but Ian can explain this much better than i can . most of my problems were me not following the instruction properly and the set up is time critical
Last edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by lcc.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #10999 by Ty_Eeberfest
The ESP_20CC10 network is the clock - network "ESPClock" was the network name in much older firmware versions. Once you are connected to ESP_20CC10 try launching a browser manually rather than waiting for one to launch automatically (the auto-launch may not work depending on what device you're connecting with and what sort of browser add-ons you run).

So open a browser manually and in the URL bar type:
http://192.168.4.1/
and see what you get. If the clock board is working right the clock's web page should come up.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com