Testing Thyratrons

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #10203 by judge
Replied by judge on topic Testing Thyratrons

Torsten Lang wrote: www.nixies.us/projects/its1a-clock/ - I believe Ian is considering adding on-board backlighting.

Hi judge,
thanks for the link. What I plan to do next is a ITM-1A display...

Regards,
Torsten

That should be fun. Keep us informed of progress!
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by judge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #10204 by judge
Replied by judge on topic Testing Thyratrons

Ian wrote: Indeed I am adding the new features to the board layout:

back- and underlighting, as well as a motion sensor input. When this is done, we can look at making a small run!

Regarding underlighting, will you provide a way for someone to pull the underlighting off-board? I've seen one person who used a block of semi-opaque acrylic to provide a diffuse light - he mounted the leds in the acrylic...

Looking forward to seeing the changes.

More
2 months 2 days ago #10211 by Pacman223
Replied by Pacman223 on topic Testing Thyratrons
a new run of Thyratron clocks? I might just be in on that action.

I love my Mr Nixie clock. was thinking it would be fun to have another but he doesn't sell them anymore.

do we need to get our own tubes? are you thinking of selling them? would $500 US be about right to buy a clock with tubes?

More
2 months 1 day ago #10212 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Testing Thyratrons
That's the idea: Make a new run of the clocks and offer them. It's Judge's design, but he was saying he'll do one last run, and I know it's a bit of a sweat doing the support and bagging bits up, and he wants to get on to other things. For this, I offered to keep the design going and do the support for it. It's such a shame to not have an ITS1A option that I couldn't let it just die.

The tubes are currently going for around $25 each and the clock kit is going to be under $100 so I guess for $250 you would be easily up and running with a new clock.

Right now I am working on integrating some back lights and under lights for the clock, as well as a motion sensor. It should not take so long, but I might need to do a couple of prototype runs to make sure it all works as planned.

More
2 months 16 hours ago #10217 by Torsten Lang
Replied by Torsten Lang on topic Testing Thyratrons
Hi Pacman223,
at least for the ITM-1A I don't plan a publicly available version. Still, I'm sitting on a bunch of VFD clocks binding a lot of money, and furthermore the ITM-1A are really rare. There does not seem to be NOS, the tubes sold on eBay shall be unused but have been previously soldered in some military dot matrix displays.

What I plan to build is a display with a combination of ITS-1A and ITM-1A (and some true green LEDs for the colon separators), so that the time and possibly temperature information can be displayed on the 7 segment tubes while textual information can be displayed on a dot matrix line. Even for a small dot matrix display I need around 20 ITM-1A...

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #10222 by notfaded1
Replied by notfaded1 on topic Testing Thyratrons
For what it's worth I tried to buy 18 NOS ITS1-B tubes this weekend. Well I found 16. They're on the way so I'm definitely interested in building another clock. I've got my original design one but wanna build one with any new features.

What's the real difference between A and B tubes?

Bill

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com