Just thought I would update you with my HV problem.
After taking off all the components in the board, checking each one and replaceing others, i soldered up to the HV test stage on a new board.
Using a 12v supplying had readings around the board of 12v, a 10 v can’t remember where that was taken from and a 5v at the 5volt test pin, and I had 14v at the HV test point.
So I took out the atemga chip and replaced it with the new one I got sent from Ian and now have 180v ish at the test point. Hurray it looks as if I am back on track fit the moment.
Something must have gone on holiday in the atemga chip!!!
Next I can build the rest of theboard, and then try and wire up my tubes which is going to take ages due to my design!
I will keep you posted
Thanks for all your help in solving this problem.
P.s. Thanks for the chip and board Ian, I did pay with PayPal so hope you received it okay.
Thanks for the follow-up, Jon. Looking back at your old thread I remember now that you had 12V turning up in places on the board where it didn't belong. I'm not too surprised the Atmega got fried. Hopefully that's the only damage. Guess we'll see soon enough if the K155 took a hit too.
Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.