Testing K155ID1 Controller

More
3 years 8 months ago #9354 by SamIam
Is there a way to test the K155ID1controller? I assumed the set up is the same as the 74141n controller. The 15th and 16th position control the '0' and the '1' digit.

As I was assembling the boards, after I installed the 4th tube (4 of 6) the '0' & '1' digit started displaying simultaneously and for the duration of both digits during the test. I initially thought maybe the board needed a factory reset and waited until the end. I finished and set up the clock with the same result. The '0' & '1' digits always displayed together.

I have removed the 4th Tube thinking it was an issue internal to the tube. Same issue. I removed the 74141N controller and checked for continuity between the 15th and 16th of the 16 pin socket, and there was not indication of a short.

Any other ideas of what the issue may be?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #9355 by Torsten Lang
Hi SamIan,
did you either simply exchange the possibly faulty BSD-to-.decimal decoder or check it e. g. in a breadboard? The K155ID1 at is not a rare part and easily available for little money.

Regards,
Torsten

More
3 years 8 months ago #9357 by SamIam
Replied by SamIam on topic Testing K155ID1 Controller
That was my next step, I am going to order a new one today. I was wondering if there was anything else I was missing being a novice.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thank you.

More
3 years 8 months ago #9370 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Testing K155ID1 Controller
In my experience, the K155ID1 doesn't usually fail like this (I have killed many in my life). Usually, all the digits come on together making a sort of neon "fog" when they fail.

I'm not discounting that it can't fail like that, just that it is a bit strange.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com