I bought one of Pete's Elite kits for IN-8 tubes and instead of stuffing it into a block of wood I decided to tart it up a bit with something different. I had some offcuts of wooden Venetian blinds and these made an ideal case for it along with a few little bits of brass. It runs alongside a couple of other clocks sharing a single GPS unit.
The other clock off the bench was built from scratch apart from the Spectrum board and the ZM1040s. I hacked the board to get everything remote connected and hand made all the brass apart from the curtain tie back rosettes. It turned out quite well and has an aged look to it as if it had been knocking around in the attic for a good few years.
it usually takes about 4 to 6 weeks to make a clock depending on how much time I can give them. The Victorian styled one took a bit longer as all the parts had to be made. I prefer to have my clocks look individual and with trying to create some of the designs it presents a challenge to get the idea into reality.
A lot of my work can be found
as I like to pass on methods of construction for Nixie clocks. I have a couple more on the bench that need to be completed but trying to get enough time is always a problem.
Last edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by Scott. Reason: Spelling
OK, I understand why you have little time left
I would also like to use some equipment from your workshop because I just miss the larger machinery.
but I am working on it.
Thanks for the link there are some things that I had not clarified in my next project, e.g. The connection of the IN-18 board by Pete I also have a housing from the 3D printer where I can not have the Nixies on board as well as a bamboo Nixie Clock also for it is usable.
The IN-18 board is almost identical to the Spectrum ZM1040 and it is a simple task to remote connect the tubes to it as I did with this clock. Ribbon cable is the best thing to use and you just connect it in a curve around the connections and make the translation to the tube socket in the same way.
And if you remote everything it will end up looking like this!