A couple of the latest clocks off the bench

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #9126 by Scott
I bought one of Pete's Elite kits for IN-8 tubes and instead of stuffing it into a block of wood I decided to tart it up a bit with something different. I had some offcuts of wooden Venetian blinds and these made an ideal case for it along with a few little bits of brass. It runs alongside a couple of other clocks sharing a single GPS unit.

The other clock off the bench was built from scratch apart from the Spectrum board and the ZM1040s. I hacked the board to get everything remote connected and hand made all the brass apart from the curtain tie back rosettes. It turned out quite well and has an aged look to it as if it had been knocking around in the attic for a good few years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #9129 by Marvin41
Hello Scott,

very nice work the two watches.
How long do you need about that?

Regards
Hartmut

More
10 months 3 weeks ago - 10 months 3 weeks ago #9132 by Scott
Hello Hartmut,

it usually takes about 4 to 6 weeks to make a clock depending on how much time I can give them. The Victorian styled one took a bit longer as all the parts had to be made. I prefer to have my clocks look individual and with trying to create some of the designs it presents a challenge to get the idea into reality.
A lot of my work can be found HERE as I like to pass on methods of construction for Nixie clocks. I have a couple more on the bench that need to be completed but trying to get enough time is always a problem.
Last edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by Scott. Reason: Spelling

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #9133 by Marvin41
OK, I understand why you have little time left ;-)
I would also like to use some equipment from your workshop because I just miss the larger machinery.
but I am working on it.
Thanks for the link there are some things that I had not clarified in my next project, e.g. The connection of the IN-18 board by Pete I also have a housing from the 3D printer where I can not have the Nixies on board as well as a bamboo Nixie Clock also for it is usable.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #9134 by Ty_Eeberfest
Nice work Scott! They're both nice but the Victorian styled one is by far my favorite. It's quite a work of art.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago - 10 months 3 weeks ago #9135 by Scott
Hello Hartmut,

The IN-18 board is almost identical to the Spectrum ZM1040 and it is a simple task to remote connect the tubes to it as I did with this clock. Ribbon cable is the best thing to use and you just connect it in a curve around the connections and make the translation to the tube socket in the same way.

And if you remote everything it will end up looking like this!

Rgds,

Roddy
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by Scott.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com