Nixie FM radio

More
1 year 2 months ago #8784 by Ty_Eeberfest
Replied by Ty_Eeberfest on topic Nixie FM radio
Looking around some more I found a video where somebody has built a Nixie FM Radio based around the Philips FM1216 tuner module. Looks like a really nice build. It appears the creator answers comments on his video and even emailed somebody a schematic.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marvin41

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #8791 by judge
Replied by judge on topic Nixie FM radio

Ty_Eeberfest wrote: Looking around some more I found a video where somebody has built a Nixie FM Radio based around the Philips FM1216 tuner module. Looks like a really nice build. It appears the creator answers comments on his video and even emailed somebody a schematic.

That's cool.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #9957 by Ty_Eeberfest
Replied by Ty_Eeberfest on topic Nixie FM radio
In case anybody is still interested in this topic, here's a video I just found of a guy making a Nixie frequency display for a 1940s AM radio set. He used an Arduino. I thought the discussion of hardware was pretty good. I'll keep my opinion of the software part to myself.

EDIT: Well this was unexpected: toward the end of the video the guy just casually fires up his torches and makes what amounts to a mini IN-13 out of glass, wire and gas. Very cool.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.
Last edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by Ty_Eeberfest.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #9963 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Nixie FM radio
Even more unexpected that he does all his shop work in a skirt and with ear rings.

What an enigmatic dude...

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #9964 by judge
Replied by judge on topic Nixie FM radio
Will have to watch that. According to John Smout, this guy helped Dalibor when he was starting to make Nixie tubes. he is certainly very talented!

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #9965 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Nixie FM radio
What a breadth of knowledge: From old valve gear to controllers, Arduino, code, tube making. And he does it all in a completely matter of fact way. Absolute legend.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com