Re: Tiny universal clock PCB

More
6 years 1 week ago #6602 by mjsangster
I had some issues with baud rate drift for the GPS communications, so I delayed the Kickstart project.

As of today, I have a solution using a crystal for chip (18.432 mHz) timing which will eliminate any baud rate problems, but it is not quite as accurate as the watch crystal (for clock time). Of course with GPS, that is a non-issue.

Not sure if I should offer 2 versions, one with GPS and one without with more accurate timing.

The same board will work with both options - just a build difference.

- Michael Sangster
Cold War Creations
The following user(s) said Thank You: Icedlink

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 days ago #6603 by Icedlink
Hi thanks for reply,

Just like any successful kickstarter, frequent update is appreciated regardless of the actual progress.

If possible I won't go GPS any more. Either a accurate time crystal , or one with a wifi NTP sync.

Reason being that frequently clocks are placed far away from windows and either no GPS signal or a long corded gps dongle is required and its just plain ugly :pinch:

Minimizing cords = simplicity is the way to go

Plus if your kickstarter project is one that's NTP sync, it will be something special :laugh:

Anyway keep it UP

Cheers

NTP sync nixie clock
www.mjoldfield.com/atelier/2012/08/ntp-nixie.html

More
6 years 6 days ago #6604 by Pacman223
Thank you for your update.

I will wait to see what you do. I would do either or both :) actually probably multiple of each.. yea.. I like the idea that much.

I'm very happy you are taking the time to work through any bugs. But i'm also looking foward to getting my hands on a few of these kits.

More
6 years 6 days ago - 6 years 6 days ago #6605 by Icedlink
I can't wait as I have 14 Z5660M, 10 GR10G, 6 GR10K, 6 GR10H and a couple of GR10J sitting for more than 2 years in boxes (since they are NOS it may be 30-40 years) waiting to be used.

But I'm worried about the GR10G / K / H and J life span as its only rated for a good 5000hr ( say 2.5hr per day it will last less than 5 years )

Even with my current clocks which is using PIR or 5.8ghz motion sensor to activate on and off I think it won't last long enough.

Anyone has experience in their life span ?
Or idea to prolong them?
Last edit: 6 years 6 days ago by Icedlink.

More
5 years 9 months ago #6897 by Pacman223
Any update?

really think this would be fantastic clock :)

More
5 years 8 months ago #7033 by Pacman223
Do we have any update for the Tiny clock?

I'm thinking you must be close to starting your kickstarter campaign ..

if you decide not to go the kickstarter route, would you be open to selling them anyway? I have a couple of projects that would do well with this little clock!

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com