Re: Tiny universal clock PCB

More
6 years 8 months ago #6217 by Pacman223
that is good news :)

I have a couple of ideas for new clock, but every time I think I'll have to design my own PCB board, I think.. but if I just wait long enough, the tiny nixie clock will be available!!!

whew... I waited long enough :)

very excited to see how it all works :) I think I may have to pick up a couple of kits!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #6218 by mjsangster
I'm currently running a 100 hour test of the Microboard with the 6 digit clock software. Here are a few photos:

- Michael Sangster
Cold War Creations
Attachments:

More
6 years 8 months ago #6219 by Pacman223
Nice pictures :) thank you.

is this prototype (?) running on GPS? or will the GPS be plugged into it?

it looks fantastic, that acrylic top looks good also :) very nice job.. can't wait until the kickstarter is open.

I'm really looking forward to being able to buy a kit.

More
6 years 8 months ago #6220 by mjsangster
During this test the GPS is not connected. I am refining the GPS software, so I'm using the module on another board.

The GPS connects to the smaller I/O connector - only two wires are needed, Ground and Tx for data.

- Michael Sangster
Cold War Creations

More
6 years 7 months ago #6222 by mjsangster
Microboard update:

I received my pre-production board, for demo purposes for Kickstart video/photos. It is identical to the boards I will order, except no solder mask. I will build it early next week.

Added a few more features to the software:
1. Added display off during weekends (or during weekdays).
2. Added floor LED lighting functions.
3. Added automatic DST (daylight saving time) auto adjust, for USA-Canada, Europe (EU), and Australian DST Zones.

Finished up the PCB design for a piggy back board for Burroughs B-5750 series tubes, GPS option, LED floor lighting.

I think my next piggy back board will be a IN-17 board.

Continue working on my Kickstart page.

- Michael Sangster
Cold War Creations

More
6 years 7 months ago #6246 by mjsangster
Quick update:

I have nearly finished my Kickstart campaign, and will submit it in a few days.

Also, I've been testing the micro board to weed out any problems. I torture tested the power supply by putting a 20 mA load on the output (board derates voltage to a lower voltage per spec), even shorting out the HV supply (shutdown HV supply until the short is removed).

I attached a quick picture I took of the micro board undergoing testing of the clock time. I use a rubidium atomic frequency standard to test how accurate and how stable. Each board will have a frequency compensation value in the EEPROM to adjust the clock.

- Michael Sangster
Cold War Creations
Attachments:

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com