Re: Tiny universal clock PCB

More
7 years 1 month ago #5994 by kay486
Replied by kay486 on topic Re: Tiny universal clock PCB
oo neat! one can thing it might not be a big deal, but at night and espectialy with small tubes, i find the changes in ambient light in the room when im not looking directly at the clock quite distracting.

the worst thing you could have is clock switching to show date and have split second of darkness all of the sudden! you can sense something like that even when you have your eyes closed :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #6091 by Icedlink
Any updates ?

Waiting patiently ^_^

More
6 years 10 months ago #6096 by mjsangster
My real job keeps getting in the way :)

However, I have refined the software, and the software for the micro board (minus the GPS and the few configuration options only for the Micro board) is tested and shipping in my glass clocks.

I will decide soon whether or not I'm going to try KickStart - I may just build a batch and see how it goes...

- Michael Sangster
Cold War Creations

More
6 years 10 months ago #6097 by Icedlink
Thanks for the update, keep it up!

Sadly I'm not going back kickstarter any time soon, I have 3 projects total more than $600 paid.. Almost 2 years... No updates .. Nothing. :sick:

More
6 years 10 months ago #6098 by mjsangster
That's why I won't start a KickStart until everything is 100% ready to go, otherwise delays could happen.....

- Michael Sangster
Cold War Creations

More
6 years 6 months ago #6216 by mjsangster
Good news! I have finished refining the power supply on my Microboard. I was not happy with the efficiency and heat. I changed the frequency and FET, and now I'm getting 91% at full load. Stays cool to the touch driving 6 IN-8-2's multiplexed (3x2). Most applications of this board will probably use smaller tubes.

In a few days I will post a short video showing the board in action (need a few days to get my video setup going). It is running my full clock software.

When that is complete, I'm still contemplating using Kickstart to fund the project. I did not want to begin a Kickstart project until the board was ready to send to the PCB shop - I don't want to be one of the projects to deliver late!

- Michael Sangster

Cold War Creations

- Michael Sangster
Cold War Creations

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com