Re: Tiny universal clock PCB

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #5414 by Nisei
Replied by Nisei on topic Re: Tiny universal clock PCB

kay486 wrote: about the size, maybe you could do it just the right size to fit board with six IN-17 with two neon bulbs (like the kosbo clock, but with seconds) since they are the most common small tubes nowdays.

That would make it considerably larger. My idea is to get a fully functional universal clock on a smallest possible PCB. It would be nice to try and make this kind of a standard unit for clock builders.

2 mounting holes would be enough for such a small board.

For the resistors: You could sell separate tube boards for different model tubes. With the 26 pin headers and anode resistors for that particular tube soldered on.
This way people can choose to wire up the tubes and solder resistors themselves or buy a tube board which is plug&play. And perhaps a track layout whhich makes it possible to break off 2 of the 6 in case you want a 4 digit clock. Kind of a mini modular system :)

By the way, how do I send a personal message on these forums???
There's some other things I'd like to ask you Michael.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Nisei.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #5415 by kay486
Replied by kay486 on topic Re: Tiny universal clock PCB
I dont think selling separate boards is good idea, since there are so many different tube bases. It would be efficient.

More
7 years 11 months ago #5416 by mjsangster
Nisei,

Not sure, but you can email me at:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

- Michael Sangster
Cold War Creations

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #5426 by Pacman223
I think I like that idea, of a tiny universal clock ... can you describe its features? You mentioned 3x2 multiplexing, could you do a direct drive? (I would guess it would be bigger and more expensive).

I like the idea of having everything on one small board! How would you attach wires to the tube sockets? i.e. just a hole in the board? Maybe some sort of speaker wire screw post?
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Pacman223.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #5427 by Nisei
Replied by Nisei on topic Re: Tiny universal clock PCB
It's all been described in the previous posts.
If you want a board with screw posts you'd better buy the pvelectronics remote tube kit . We're talking as small as possible here :)
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Nisei.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #5428 by Pacman223
:) building a clock from the pv electronics kit now... its so far looks very good, I now need to wire the sockets, soon will be able to turn it on and test it..

The thoughts of having a smaller board, that would fit into a smaller box, sounds like a good idea. Might make more options for a clock case possible.

The thoughts of a temp display sounds really good:)
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Pacman223.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com