Re: Tiny universal clock PCB

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #12411 by Pacman223
Nisei stated this perfectly.

>>I really don't care for alarms, GPS, countdown timers, stopwatches and everything else.
I love Nixie clocks for how they look, not for what they can do.

I wouldn't turn down GPS, since it makes the clock more useful, but its still not needed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #12412 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Re: Tiny universal clock PCB
Just to add my 2c here.

It is perfectly possible to compete with Chinese boards, in fact for OEM users (that means only very basic support, and reasonable quantites) I am able to match or even better the price you can get from China, with a better spec board. Take a look here:

www.nixieclock.biz/StoreMNC6.html

The "board only" price is for one off quantities, but if you buy in bulk, there is plenty of room for negotiation. I'm also going to be able to drop that price when I get quantities up. At the moment I am only buying in batches of 100, and there is still room for price improvement for larger batches.

That is for an Atmega based board with open source code, guaranteed original parts (Atmel and Maxim), and lots of optional extras if you want to go down the path of using WiFi for getting the time from NTP.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #12413 by Nisei
Replied by Nisei on topic Re: Tiny universal clock PCB
Wow, that's a great price Ian and looking at the manual it's got quite a few options!
If it were smaller I'd certainly order one to try.
I assume the shipping price is for US only?

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com