Hello and a general Question about IN-12 clocks

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #3036 by Horse
Hello everyone!
My name is Scot and I own a small manufacturing company (no this is not an ad for them) called RS Products.

My questions come from the perspective of a "customer" to Nixies. Essentially I found them through a very circular thought process about how to thank some of my companies hero's (ie people who have made it possible for me to be in business).

I want to put together 3-5 clocks to give away this year as mementos for them. They refuse any sort of financial payback, so I figured an awesome Nixie would be a great gesture.

A little background: I make updated mounting systems for Kalashnikov rifles and naturally this points to not only Russians, but Soviets. For this reason there is still a tie-in with cold war history and collect-ability within the industry as well. So I found Soviet Nixies and thought it was the ideal tie-in.

I have been in communication with several nixie kit builders both from reviews I have watched here multiple times and some I found on ebay.

I am trying to find essentially a 6 tube IN-12 clock "kit" that is fully assembled minus the housing. I plan to make my own housing and mate the clock guts to it.

The plan is 6 IN-12's with my case that ties in Soviet AK mounts and polished/varnished Baltic Birch back case. I have or can make everything minus the clock guts. I have attached an image of my concept. (yes I am aware I need to learn to spell. . .)

Thoughts? Pointers? Suggestions?

Thank you!

Owner: RS Products LLC
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Horse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #3040 by Horse
Nada eh?

More
7 years 7 months ago #3041 by bcoggs
Well I'm here, but you are already talking to me on email :)

• Mr.Nixie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #3042 by Mr.Nixie
Why not have a look to www.kosbo.com ?
Here Konstantin have an IN-12 Nixie "module" clock (fully assembled) for selling:
www.kosbo.com/index.php?option=com_conte...icle&id=49&Itemid=57
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Mr.Nixie.

More
7 years 7 months ago #3043 by Horse
Thank you gents.

Bob, yes - and thank you!

Jurgen, thanks for the info. I have looked at those clocks several times, and almost purchased them.
I cannot seem to find anywhere where the Kosbo clock shows anything about protecting the tubes. I like functions like occasionally protect the tubes like showing the dates at the end of the minute etc.

I also like the background LED illumination found on clocks like your own and Bob's.

Ultimately I might have to buy something like the Kosbo's, but I prefer to use something like one of your (Bob or Jurgen) fine products.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com