Clocking in with the ITS1A display

More
7 years 11 months ago #2756 by AnubisTTP
I finally finished a project that I have been working on for a while; trying to coax a Soviet ITS1A thyratron display into some sort of clock design. I assembled a final working version and did a little write-up about it, linked below.

www.decadecounter.com/vta/articleview.php?item=1073

Though I had some boards professionally made, I doubt I will ever be able to sell a kit version of this clock, due to the lack of supply for the ITS1A tube it uses. I sold a very small number of tubeless kits to other people at $60 each, but somehow I suspect there is not a vast array of people with ITS1A tubes laying about that are waiting to be wrapped in some sort of clock.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stuckey, stocknic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2758 by Stuckey
That is awesome. I wish I still had my NEO8000's - I bet with some current limiting you could get those to work with your invention :laugh:

"If the laws of physics don't apply in the future, then god help you."
www.ineedcaffeine.com
www.facebook.com/brian.stuckey
twitter.com/brianstuckey

More
7 years 11 months ago #2761 by stocknic
Wow...I have a few of these tubes and would love to put together a few of these clocks....do you have any more 'kits' you're willing to part with?

Cheers,

Nick

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #2763 by AnubisTTP

Wow...I have a few of these tubes and would love to put together a few of these clocks....do you have any more 'kits' you're willing to part with?

Well, I have received several requests over email from people with ITS1A tubes that want to buy a kit, so it looks like there is enough interest to justify another batch of PCB's. The kits should be ready in a month or two and will sell for $60, the same price as the first batch. I will contact you when they are ready so you can buy one if you want.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by AnubisTTP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stocknic

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #2764 by BadNixie
I too would be interested in a kit. What are those smaller end view tubes you are using??

OK, Never mind, It's and MTX90. I went to your site. Very nice little tube and a very nice little kit. Very interested in purchasing one
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by BadNixie.

• Mr.Nixie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 11 months ago #2808 by Mr.Nixie
Replied by Mr.Nixie on topic Clocking in with the ITS1A display
...and 3 leaky tubes were found...
Attachments:

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com