Bare nixie holder PCB somewhere? in-14 / in-19

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #2711 by Marsupial
Greetings.
Being new to using nixie (still planning the first project) I am trying to locate potential source for some parts. I am wanting to build my own display system, not purchase a clock kit.
I have in-14 and in-19 in order

I am looking at using 6 tubes together, multiplexed. I would like to get a "shortcut" about the wiring of the nixies...

Are there anywhere that sells bare nixie tube PCBs we can use? Not controller boards, just the nixie breakout including multiplexed anodes.
I have found a few, but they all have uneven spacing (to account for hour/minute/sec separator)

I would like 6x in-14 with equal spacing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Marsupial.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 days ago - 8 years 5 days ago #2718 by AnubisTTP
Hmm, I don't think anyone sells anything like this for the IN14, your best bet would probably be to solder the IN14 flying leads to a DIP socket, so they could be used in any standard perfboard designed for DIP packages. If you are using the IN18, IN4, or IN12, you can buy PCBS from tayloredge.com that have even tube spacing. (The IN12 board at tayloredge is designed to build a TTL clock... but you could always just use a Dremel to chop off the extra part of the PCB below the tubes.)
Last edit: 8 years 5 days ago by AnubisTTP.

More
8 years 4 days ago #2728 by Marsupial
I like the idea of a DIP socket. Short of finding a PCB, I was thinking about using perfboards, but sockets are even better.

This said, I'd like to avoid the wiring headeach that multiplexing these can cause; that's a log of crossing wires...

Thanks for the link, I'll look into there.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com