Chinese Nixie tube clock.GPS Adjust. PCB Art.

• yanzeyuan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 3 months ago #2138 by yanzeyuan
Hi Lee,

I have never sold the QS30-1 clock kit abroad, and tubes too...:huh:

do you want some QS30-1 tubes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #2141 by Beast Lee

yanzeyuan wrote: do you want some QS30-1 tubes?

Yan, yes I've got some "poisoning" happening on the tubes & would like to have some spares...

"It has to have an ending to exist" - Beast Lee
"If it doesn't have a V8, it's not a sport" - Beast Lee

• yanzeyuan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 3 months ago #2151 by yanzeyuan
Ohhhhhhh....:ohmy:

Some poisoning happen on the tubes because there's no CP function in my early nixie clock.

QS30-1 nixie tubes need a strong CP function, I have update the program, every two minutes, CP function will run 5 seconds.

I can give you a MCU chip with the updated software for free if you can replace it by your self, and how many tubes do you want? I will give you two for free:P

More
9 years 3 months ago #2180 by kimjansen
I've promised YanZeyuan to post a small review a month ago after I ordered the Nixie tube and VFD tube clocks. A few weeks earlier I had build a Marcel from Nixiekits.eu and liked to have a bigger Nixie at my 'home-theatre' setup... Still have to find a good location for the VFD one ;) .

The design and build of the clock is really nice! SMD Soldering is done very well, the PCB looks cool/impressive, and the plexi housing just makes the clock complete! I Do not now how durable the QS-tubes are, but I'm pretty sure all components are used in such a way that this can be an entertaining clock for years to come!

And a movie of turning the clock on/off and the lighting on/off (plus color change):

Some less positive things are that the manual can be improved a bit with writing 'better' English and a more elaborate description of functionality. Furthermore I've bought 2 clocks, but received only 1 temperature sensor, would've been nice if each clock had come with one of these. Unfortunately I was under the impression that the lighting underneath could be dimmed and switched on permanently, however the clock only features 'pulsing' of the underneath RGB LED's. As YanZeyuan is very responsive I'm sure he will program this functionality if you specifically request it upon ordering: he implemented a cathode poisoning prevention feature on my request :) ! A Small note is the 'worldwide'-power supply, it's an American plug which is useless in the EU and/or other countries.

Overall: a big thumbs up.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stuckey, neonglass

More
9 years 2 months ago #2276 by Fixitsan

Talking of copying things, isn't that an image from Sphere's website....itself copied from a Burroughs manual ?

Just joking, it is artfully done and Burroughs should be pleased !

Chris
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: neonglass

More
8 years 10 months ago #2610 by Beast Lee
Wow... Reading this posting I can't believe I've been away from here for that long... It also looks like Yan hasn't been on here for a while as well...

Yan, I appreciate your generosity in regards to the replacement tubes, as well as the updated MCU chip... So if you get this message I will gladly accept the replacements...

Thanks...

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

yanzeyuan wrote: Ohhhhhhh....:ohmy:

Some poisoning happen on the tubes because there's no CP function in my early nixie clock.

QS30-1 nixie tubes need a strong CP function, I have update the program, every two minutes, CP function will run 5 seconds.

I can give you a MCU chip with the updated software for free if you can replace it by your self, and how many tubes do you want? I will give you two for free:P

"It has to have an ending to exist" - Beast Lee
"If it doesn't have a V8, it's not a sport" - Beast Lee

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com