Chinese Nixie tube clock.GPS Adjust. PCB Art.

• Mr.Nixie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #2059 by Mr.Nixie
No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationHi Yan,

don't panic. The same happens by me. My pic supplier (I'm too stupid to program pics..) has bought three PCBs of my Marcel clock and now, look:

These are also my own taken pictures...

But I'm using some special parts which are very expensive when buying in low quantities.
So he will not earn much money with this clock as I don't sell him these parts :evil:

Jürgen
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Mr.Nixie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mr.Nixie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #2060 by Mr.Nixie
No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationI know these autochanging RGB LEDs. I have around 1000 pcs on my stock. I use them in my NixieTherm thermometer for scale illumination, look:

What I'm looking for is a kind of pic with three pin output (RGB) with build in sequences for direct connecting (via a simple MosFet driver) 4 or 6 pin RGB LEDs.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Mr.Nixie.

More
9 years 3 months ago #2061 by Stuckey
Well, eBay is a US based company so PLEASE send them a DMCA takedown notice. They are selling counterfeit products and you should be able to have them removed pretty easily.

pages.ebay.com/help/community/registered-agent.html

"If the laws of physics don't apply in the future, then god help you."
www.ineedcaffeine.com
www.facebook.com/brian.stuckey
twitter.com/brianstuckey

• Mr.Nixie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 3 months ago #2063 by Mr.Nixie
:evil: Done :evil:

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #2067 by Jeff
Hello Yan and Jürgen.
I hope you don't mind my barging in on the piracy subject you are discussing.

Was the security fuse blown in the PIC/AVR, and they were able to copy the object code in spite of it?
Or were they unsecured?

In both cases it appears both design thieves (putting it nicely) have duplicated everything, including the enclosure. :angry:

Regards, Jeff
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Jeff. Reason: typo

More
9 years 3 months ago #2069 by bcoggs
Sorry to hear your design was stolen. This is one reason why I open-sourced my whole design; The way I see it, a very small number of people are going to steal your ideas no matter what you do.

I think if you tell us how to spot the fakes and share it that information with everyone, most people who know, will support you and buy your real thing.

The decision to open-source or not is the choice of the designer and should be respected. I thought about it along time before I made the decision. There are many reasons, but here is an example -

Someone in CN started manufacturing a much cheaper copy of the diydrone control board. Of course, this is OK if the clone maker follows the rules of share-alike, give-attribution, but in this case they did not.

DIY drone's founder's response was interesting:

www.adafruit.com/blog/2011/05/19/cloned-...hardware-diy-drones/

..c
cogwheelcircuitworks.com

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Search

Tube Suppliers

Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com