Taylor Electronics

More
11 years 11 months ago #165 by GreyFox
Taylor Electronics was created by GreyFox
If anyone wants a real good kit to put together consider Taylor Electronics here: www.tayloredge.com/storefront/SmartNixie/index.html

I'm still learning how to read schematics and do my own boards but if you want something to put together take a look at this site. Also his power supplies are small and efficient.

Check it out...

John

Let there be neon light!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #168 by Stuckey
Replied by Stuckey on topic Re: Taylor Electronics
Thanks for the link. I've seen these before but I don't know anyone who has actually built something using these. It looks like a pretty comprehensive kit. If you buy some, let us know!

Brian

"If the laws of physics don't apply in the future, then god help you."
www.ineedcaffeine.com
www.facebook.com/brian.stuckey
twitter.com/brianstuckey

More
11 years 11 months ago #169 by GreyFox
Replied by GreyFox on topic Re: Taylor Electronics
I asked JT to build a IN-18 kit - I have one but no IN-18s for it since I'm too cheap to buy them. Actually when I get around to building a enclosure for it I'll move my IN-18s out of my Tubehobby kit to the Taylor Electronics Kit. It's came 95% built Just had to solder in the PSU and RTC.

Let there be neon light!

More
11 years 11 months ago #171 by AnubisTTP
Replied by AnubisTTP on topic Re: Taylor Electronics
I have not used the Smartnixie before, but I have bought several of his nixie power supplies over the years and all have worked without fail. These use a special inductor that apparently was designed specifically for powering nixie tubes, and probably accounts for much of their good performance.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com