Problem with WiFi connection

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #13246 by Ty_Eeberfest
I agree we need a better picture. But from what I can see it looks like you did a good job soldering - can't see and bridging or other issues. So it's probably not a construction problem.

Walter is right - you should do a test with a different power supply. It may be as simple as a noisy or unstable power supply.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sprocha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #13254 by sprocha
Existing power supply 9V 0.6A, today I tried power supply 12V 2A. After connecting to the second source, 33 33 33 were lit, after a while the clock was running normally again and after about an hour of running again 33 33 33. I disconnected it again. Before that, it took about a week for 33 33 33 to appear. I'll try the adjustable power supply, according to the 9V manual, right?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #13255 by Walter John
Replace the 7805 with one from a well known brand. In the schematic you see C2 (100 nf) connected from the Vin pin of the 7805 to ground. Add a 100 nf capacitor connected to the Vout pin of the 7805 and to ground. Also add a 1000 uf electrolytic capacitor after diode D1 (check the polariy is ok). Add a heat sink to the 7805.

This will hopefully smoothen your voltage input further. I still have a feeling that the power supply is the cause of the issue, allthough I am out of options now. It could still be a soldering joint issue.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #13256 by sprocha
foto
Today's photo, sorry for the dust.

I also tried a changeable source and the same result, 33 33 33 immediately after switching on.

Will I try the new 7805 and 1000 uf should be soldered at + and - diode D1?
Thank you
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by sprocha.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #13257 by Walter John
The + of the 1000 uf electrolytic capacitor to Vin of the 7805, so after the diode.
The - of the 1000 uf electrolytic capacitor to ground
So basicallly the electrolytic capacitor is parallel to capacitor C2, but watch the polarity.
Place the 100 nf capacitors as close as posible to the 7805.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #13258 by Ty_Eeberfest
Thanks for the picture. The soldering looks good to me.

I do see some "stuff" stuck to the board around the pins of the K155ID1 (74141) chip. It would be a very good idea to clean the back of the board with alcohol or flux remover.

Another power idea would be to try powering from a 12v car battery just to see if it makes any difference. At least with a battery you know there is no noise. Running on 12V is perfectly okay. I run mine on a 12V power supply all the time - no problem.

Every time you change power supplies you should be doing a Factory Reset so the HV generator can adjust itself to the new supply voltage.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Ty_Eeberfest.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com