Problem with WiFi connection

More
3 weeks 1 day ago - 3 weeks 1 day ago #13197 by sprocha
Hello,
please, give me an advice.
I bought this kit: All-in-One Clock for In-14-WiFi Kit.
He assembled it, installed a WiFi module, but I can't connect with WiFi.
The clock works fine, the WiFi module flashes, the PC and the mobile phone find the Nixie network, enter the password SetMeUp!, But you can't connect. Sometimes it writes a bad password, sometimes again that it is not possible to load the IP address. According to the manual, I can not even connect to http://192.168.4.1
The clock doesn't even show me the IP address.
Where is the error please?
Thank you
Peter
Last edit: 3 weeks 1 day ago by sprocha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #13198 by Walter John
Make sure both the module and laptop/phone are connecting directly via your modem/router. If you have an Wifi extender in your house and the module is connected via that extender and the laptop/phone is connected via the router (or vice versa) it may not see the module. Also, the IP address according to the manual is not always the correct address: you router will determine and assign an IP address depending on what is available on your network. Look in your modem/routing web page to find the IP address that is assigned to the clock.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sprocha

More
3 weeks 1 day ago - 3 weeks 1 day ago #13199 by sprocha
Thank you for the advice. When I'm at home at the PC, I'll check the IP address on the modem.
Mobile phone, PC and clock connect directly in front of the modem from the internet provider, I don't have an extender.
Last edit: 3 weeks 1 day ago by sprocha.

More
3 weeks 1 day ago - 3 weeks 1 day ago #13200 by Ty_Eeberfest
Do I understand correctly that, when connecting to the Nixie network with your phone, you never get to the page that asks for the SSID and password of YOUR WiFi network? If that is what is happening you may need to tell your phone to "forget this network" for the Nixie network. I know my phone likes to save WiFi passwords without asking and if you make a typo you end up with a wrong password saved. Doing "forget this network" resets things so you can make a fresh start connecting to the Nixie network.

Until you are successfully connected to the Nixie network, 192.168.4.1 will not be reachable. Also the clock gives you only a short time to connect to Nixie network then times out and closes its access point.

BTW - the clock does not show you an IP address because it will not have one until you complete the setup routine (connecting to Nixie network and setting your WiFi credentials)

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.
Last edit: 3 weeks 1 day ago by Ty_Eeberfest.

More
3 weeks 21 hours ago - 3 weeks 20 hours ago #13201 by sprocha
I apologize to my bad English and sorry if I described the problem wrong.

Nixie hours OK are going, WiFi module connected to hours.
When the clock is switched on, the WiFi network is displayed on the PC even on the mobile phone. If I want to connect to this network after entering the password SetMeUp! Unable to connect to network, unable to retrieve IP address.
I tried to remove the network several times, re -enter your password, etc.

The WiFi module lights up red and flashes blue. Sometimes it happens that after about 5-10 minutes the WiFi module goes out and even nixie clocks die. I have to unplug them and plug them in again for them to start.
Last edit: 3 weeks 20 hours ago by sprocha.

More
3 weeks 20 hours ago #13202 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Problem with WiFi connection
Can you say how the blue LED on the WiFi module flashes? Is it very fast? Does it stay the same for several minutes, or does it stop flashing fast and then start again after a second or two?

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com