First Build SNC46 preconstructed, muliple digits lighted up, on N1 3 not working

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #13146 by Ty_Eeberfest
Best to put your video on YouTube or maybe Vimeo then post a link here. Using Facebook or Instagram for videos never seems to turn out well.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #13147 by IM_FBN

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #13151 by Ty_Eeberfest
Thank you for the video. Hopefully Ian will see it soon. I watched it a couple times and all I can say is I still think you've got a short (solder bridge) somewhere.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #13152 by Ian
I'm at a loss. If you already changed the K155 chip, and you already checked the tubes, it has to be a solder bridge or PCB fault somewhere. I confirm what Ty said, that there's no controller reboots or anything.

So, let's look at the display board, because that is simplest.

Please unplug the display board from the main board, and remove all the tubes. Check continuity from every tube pin to every other pin on the sockets. There should of course be no continuity anywhere.

If that all checks out, we can move onto the main board. Still with the display board unplugged, please remove the K155 chip, and with the unit powered up, please check the voltage between ground and pins 3,4,6 and 7. This is the input from the controller. Because the display is multiplexed, you won't be really able to see any pattern, but the important thing is that they change, not when they change. With this step we are trying to see if the controller is sending signals to the K155, and there is not a GPIO that is stuck high. (If there is, it will be a solder bridge between pin 4 and 5 - jes' sayin...).

If that checks out OK, power off again, and still with the K155 out of the socket, check the continuity between the K155 pins 1,2,8,9,10,11,13,14,15,16 (all the other pins except 5 and 12, which are power). Again, there should be no continuity.

Here's a picture of the schematic of the K155 so you can follow what I am trying to do.

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Ian.

More
2 months 1 week ago #13169 by IM_FBN
Dear Ian, thanks for the big answer.
I did the measureing right now.

There isnt any continuity between the tube pins (unpluged from main board)

There is no continuty between the pins from the driver socket (exept for gnd & vin)

The voltage between pin GND & 3,6,7 does change between 0 to 5 V, pin 4 seems to change between 0 to 1 V.

This is all i could observert, if i power the pcb, the behaviour is sill the same.

Thanks again for any further help.
best Sascha

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com