First nixie clock build, struggling to set the time - help, please.

More
3 months 1 day ago #13103 by Swany
Thanks Ian

That's brilliant, I will let the forum know how I get on with this.

Cheers
Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #13119 by Swany
Guy's, new wifi module fitted, all working brilliantly, can now log in from my pc and change settings, really happy :-)

Have constructed a nice case. All working.

Just one last question on this build, I have fitted an Infrared PIR HC-SR505 Motion Sensor Infrared Detector Module on the header with the button and LDR, I'm not sure if this is working and can't see an option when I connect to the clock to look at this option, is there any way to test this, or just leave on in an un-occupied room and check?

Thanks
Lee

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #13120 by Swany
Forget the last post guy's I'm an idiot, the PIR does indeed work, even found the time out setting of 300 seconds, how did I miss that...I have pics of the finished clock.
Attachments:

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #13121 by Walter John
that looks nice, I like those glass tubes around the neons

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #13122 by Swany
Thanks John, these tubes were ordered as a kit from Ebay, along with 4 neons and insulation.

I did hope to use colons as separators, but when I connected the 4 neons, (2 per colon) only one worked in each colon, so not sure if the PCB had the power to do this. Reverted back to the neons supplied with the kit but used the glass tubes.

Cheers
Lee

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #13123 by Ty_Eeberfest
That looks good! I'm interested in those brass(?) "flanges" you put at the base of each tube. Are those something that's commercially available or are they something custom you spun up on a lathe specifically for the purpose?

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com