First nixie clock build, struggling to set the time - help, please.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #13124 by Swany

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #13125 by Ty_Eeberfest
Nice! Thanks for the link. If I ever get around to making cases for the 4 (yeah, 4) caseless clocks I have sitting here I think I'll give those a try. It's a good look and can probably hide a multitude of drilling sins ;) !

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #13126 by Swany
I have been running the clock all day, just hit another problem, the PIR has stopped working, the clock stays on now. I have replaced the module, no difference. I am getting 5vdc on the module between +vdc and gnd and just under 5vdc between PIR and gnd on the module.

Do I need to check anything on the main board?

I can still communicate with the clock and change LED settings etc. Changed the PIR time out to, but still not working.

Any thoughts guy's?

Thanks.
Lee

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #13133 by Ty_Eeberfest
The PIR is supposed to pull the PIR input to the clock board down to ground for "no motion". It should pull the input high, or just let it float high (PIR output tri-stated, pull-up on Atmega pin pulling signal up) when there is motion being sensed. This should be easy to check with a meter. The signal should react to motion/no motion withing a few seconds.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #13134 by Walter John
You need to check if the problem is in the clock PCB or in the PIR module. The PIR module is basically just a switch but it can be triggered randomly. Disconnect it from the clock PCB and ground the PIR input,. What happens ? Next apply 3,3 volt to the PIR input. What happens. If the clcok turns on when you appl y3,3 volt the clock is ok. Next test the PIR module, see for this: microcontrollerslab.com/hc-sr505-pir-motion-sensor-module/

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #13141 by Swany
That's great, thanks John I will look into this.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com