Clock not getting settings through wifi module

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #12921 by jeod
Hey everyone!
I have a modular rev3 clock that i've been using for years now...lately the wifi module gave me some issue connecting to my router so i decided to update the firmware and see if it would fix the issue. Now, the issue connecting with the router is solved but another problem came up. Basically when i connect to the web interface i can see all the settings and the summary page correctly but it seems that i can't change anything in the configuration page. I've tried changing the time from 24 to 12h or the rgb backlight but it just won't send the information to the clock when i press "set".
It looks like the clock is talking to the module but not viceversa which is weird because the time is right and the time provider status says that i have a wifi source installed.
Anyone already had this issue?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #12922 by Ty_Eeberfest
Hmm. Give us a screen shot of the Summary web page and we can go from there. Several screen hots if necessary to show the entire page.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #12923 by jeod

Ty_Eeberfest wrote: Hmm. Give us a screen shot of the Summary web page and we can go from there. Several screen hots if necessary to show the entire page.

Here it is

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #12924 by Ty_Eeberfest

jeod wrote: Here it is

Thanks! I don't see any obvious problem. Am I correct in thinking you compiled the code yourself? The compile date suggests that you did. That's fine but a few things come to mind, especially since Sketch Size, Free Heap and SDK Version don't match my clock.

1) Do you have a regular ESP-01 (separate red and blue LEDs) or an ESP-01S (no red LED, just a blue one) ? Either is ok but the 01S has a nasty trap for the uninitiated in that the blue LED is connected to one of the I2C pins. The fix is to change Line 63 of the code to
#define ESP01S
and recompile.

2) The program is super-picky about library versions and even the version of the "ESP Community" framework. Everything has to be exactly as specified even though some things are not the latest versions. Check the comments at about Line 9 and also around Line 53. Make sure your "ESP Community" and your libraries are the exact version listed, downgrade or upgrade if necessary and recompile.

Let me know what you find....

Also here's my Summary page for comparison.

Attachments:

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #12925 by jeod

Ty_Eeberfest wrote:

jeod wrote: Here it is

Thanks! I don't see any obvious problem. Am I correct in thinking you compiled the code yourself? The compile date suggests that you did. That's fine but a few things come to mind, especially since Sketch Size, Free Heap and SDK Version don't match my clock.

1) Do you have a regular ESP-01 (separate red and blue LEDs) or an ESP-01S (no red LED, just a blue one) ? Either is ok but the 01S has a nasty trap for the uninitiated in that the blue LED is connected to one of the I2C pins. The fix is to change Line 63 of the code to
#define ESP01S
and recompile.

2) The program is super-picky about library versions and even the version of the "ESP Community" framework. Everything has to be exactly as specified even though some things are not the latest versions. Check the comments at about Line 9 and also around Line 53. Make sure your "ESP Community" and your libraries are the exact version listed, downgrade or upgrade if necessary and recompile.

Let me know what you find....

Also here's my Summary page for comparison.

I tried updating the libraries and the board manager to the versions listed in the code not without issue but after a bit of troubleshooting i finally managed to reupload the code using the right versions. Now it looks like its working fine!
Thank you so much for your help and Merry Christmas!

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #12926 by Ty_Eeberfest
Yeah those libraries can be a pain in the ass. Pretty typical of Arduino stuff though since there's there is no central repository for libraries and no organized quality control for them either. So breaking changes tend to show up without warning.

Anyway, I'm glad the problem is solved. Thanks for reporting back, and Merry Christmas to you too! Happy New Year as well. Cheers!

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com