How to compile code for ATmega8? - now I find I have an ESP01-S

More
6 months 1 week ago #12898 by Ty_Eeberfest
You have the wrong WiFi Manager library. What you have is something somebody forked from the "real" Tzapu WiFi Manager codebase. I've never heard of this particular fork before and have no idea how it may differ from the real thing. Best you uninstall it and install the right one as found at:
github.com/tzapu/WiFiManager/tree/0.15.0

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 1 week ago #12900 by meq123
Well, to cut a long story short, IT COMPILES! (Yay!)

Ty_Eeberfest wrote: You have the wrong WiFi Manager library. What you have is something somebody forked from the "real" Tzapu WiFi Manager codebase. I've never heard of this particular fork before and have no idea how it may differ from the real thing. Best you uninstall it and install the right one as found at:
github.com/tzapu/WiFiManager/tree/0.15.0

So the way I loaded that original (incorrect) library, was to put just "github.com/tzapu/WiFiManager/" as the search string in the Library Manager window and that pulled up an install selection, which pulled the version I showed earlier. After your comment, the only way I could find to load that particular correct version was to browse to the full URL you gave - github.com/tzapu/WiFiManager/tree/0.15.0 - and download it as a zip, then install the zipped library (after first deleting the older one). Anyway, that did the trick and I was able to compile and then program the ESP board with the same type of USB programmer you both have shown in other threads. After reboot, the ESP is showing up in AP mode and I can view the basic config page. I don't have the nixie controller fully built yet, so haven't tried it in that, but here's hoping!

Ian wrote: The last part of that error message is the bit that counts:

You have two conflicting definitions, and you need to remove one of them. If you go to "C:\Applications\Atmel\Arduino\libraries\WiFi" and rename the file "WiFiUdp.h" to be something like "WiFiUdp.h.old" then it should compile.

Thanks for the response Ian, but I didn't need to do that. Just needed the correct Wifi library as Ty wrote above (though, it was not obviously wrong to a neophyte, nor an obvious way to get the correct one! :) )

Thanks again, guys.

This is the updated WiFi library entry for anyone else with the issue:

Attachments:

More
6 months 1 week ago #12901 by Ty_Eeberfest
1) The massive amount of available libraries is a big reason why Arduino is wonderful. :cheer:

2) The massive amount of available libraries is a big reason why Arduino sucks. :angry:

If Arduino libraries were curated and maintained the way e.g. Perl modules are, we could eliminate Item 2 above. But they are not. Fun fun.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com