Nixie healing mode on MNC6

More
5 months 4 days ago #12881 by Thesh111t
I placed the damaged tube in the seconds place 2 days ago (the clock has a motion sensor so it doesn't run most of the day meaning that any healing over time will take much longer) in hopes that perhaps some exercise would repair the tube. Here is a picture of the issue. I could not upload a video of it. To describe the issue, the entire 2 digit lights up for a split second before a portion of it dims at the top. Does this seem like an issue that could be healed? Looking closely at the tube while operating, there is a purple hue around its digits just like the other 5 tubes, so i assumed that meant the mercury gas (and presumably the neon gas) was still in tact. I'm new to all of this. If healing it will not fix it, I guess it'll be placed in the 0/1 spot for the hour counter. Thanks for taking the time to help. It is much appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 4 days ago #12882 by Ty_Eeberfest
As you have discovered, video embedding is broken. The workaround is to upload videos to a YouTube or perhaps Vimeo account and post a plain link to the video here. I'm not sure a video is really needed in this case - I can see the problem clearly in the picture and understand what you are saying about the "2" briefly lighting normally.

I don't think this is a gas problem. Gas problems usually affect more than one digit. Also gas problems are progressive; the appearance of the digits tends to deteriorate over a period of days or weeks.

I think I'd disable the motion sensor for a few days and put the offending tube in the 10xseconds position. Ian said to put it in the 1xseconds position, I say 10xseconds because I think keeping the bad digit lit for more than 1 second at a time will get results faster. Also, in the 10x position the "2" will be lit 1/6 of the time instead of 1/10 of the time. That's all just speculation on my part, the whole subject of digit healing is more about opinions than real science lol.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
5 months 4 days ago #12885 by Thesh111t
Thanks, I'll try moving it to the 10 second position. I attempted to disable the motion sensor yesterday but was unable to access the clock via WiFi (where I had been successful every time up until then). I figure that's another issue all together and I didn't want to clutter up this post. Thanks again for the help

More
5 months 4 days ago #12890 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Nixie healing mode on MNC6

Ty_Eeberfest wrote: So I guess I'm leaning toward putting it back in.

OK, I'll patch it back in. You're probably right. There's space for it in the code so why not?

More
5 months 4 days ago #12893 by Thesh111t
Can the clock be programmed via wifi?

More
5 months 4 days ago #12894 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Nixie healing mode on MNC6
Unfortunately no. The Wifi can be programmed using an upload with a browser, but the main clock can't.

That would be a neat trick, and I have a vague idea to make it work, but there are so many projects and so little time I didn't get round to it so far.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com