Nixie healing mode on MNC6

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #12910 by Ty_Eeberfest
Reasonable solution as long as you're using 12 hour mode. Your other option would be to really "bake" the tube by hooking up the "2" and anode to a 180V supply with a 7.5K resistor on the anode. That would run the digit at about 4mA give or take. You could probably use a 5K resistor for more like 6mA but watch out for overheating.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #12911 by Thesh111t
I don't have a lab at my disposal. A 180v dc power supply isn't something that the average person in my neighborhood has. I could buy a tube healing rig, but in all honesty, I don't do this often and buying a new tube is a cheaper/easier option. When deciding on which clock kit to buy, I waded through the features of many clock kits and the healing mode mentioned was one of the selling points when i decided to buy this kit since I would be able to potentially repair a sputtered tube without purchasing additional equipment if the need arose. It's no longer a feature offered (or there was a typo in the manual stating that it was) and in order to even program it if a firmware update became available, I'd need to purchase a programming board and learn how all of that functions as well. I unlike alot of Nixis fans really don't have alot of interest in the inner workings of the clock. I love the look and the nostalgia of them. I appreciate the outside of the clock and the beauty people put into them. The programming and tuning of the circuitry isn't really my thing. But as you already said, since I use the 12 hour setting on the clock, I am lucky that the damaged tube can be put in that place. Thanks for all of the help and suggestions along the way.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #12912 by Ty_Eeberfest
Fair enough. I can't really respond to your dissatisfaction because I'm just some guy helping out with the support forums and not an employee or decision maker or anything. That is between you and Ian.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #12913 by Thesh111t
No hard feelings. It is what it is. To be fair to Ian, I haven't bothered to reach out to him in regards to this issue. The only communication ive had with him have been here on the forum. To be honest, I'm not sure what he could do to rectify the situation after the fact, I don't have a means of programming the board and I wouldn't expect him to ship a replacement. I think it's just one of those lessons you learn sometimes. I finished building the second Clock today. Things seem to be functioning properly.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Thesh111t.

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com