Classic Rev 6 - how to troubleshoot "Clock Not Found!"?

More
2 months 1 week ago #12826 by jwolfe138
Hi, sorry if this topic has been covered already...

I just built a Classic Rev 6 board that is not communicating with the WiFi module. On the status summary page it shows "Communicating with: Clock not found!". The digits and LED's light up in test mode when it powers up.

I've built 4 or 5 of these boards before without any issues, so this problem is . All of the solder joints look good. I swapped in a known good ESP board and a known good Atmega with the same results, so I'm thinking that there's a communication failure between the Atmega and the ESP?

Could you guys give me any pointers on where the failure is most likely to be and how to go about troubleshooting this?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #12828 by Ty_Eeberfest
Are you seeing this problem while in test mode (i.e. haven't done the HV calibration routine yet)? Or am I misunderstanding you?

The ESP and clock controller will not communicate until you have done the HV calibration and then cycled power once.

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jwolfe138

More
2 months 1 week ago #12829 by jwolfe138
You're right! I had forgotten that the Atmega and ESP don't communicate until you run the calibration, and I was trying to verify clock settings without having done the calibration. Oops!

Thank you!

More
2 months 1 week ago #12830 by Ty_Eeberfest
No worries... it happens. I got caught out on the very same issue myself once and will never forget it!

Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater.

More
2 months 1 week ago #12831 by Ian
I'll have to put a note about that in the manual. I've been caught out myself, and I really ought to know better... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ty_Eeberfest

Moderators: AccutronTy_EeberfestIan
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
Go to top
JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com